Here is a pic of me in my transition from swim to bike. Gotta love some serious sand in your socks! I just convinced myself it would give my feet some well-needed exfoliation.

Up next was the bike. I really wanted to push myself on the course and I achieved my goal. Fewer people passed me in this race than ever before (helps not having men out there!) and I felt really strong the entire time. Other than a serious head wind during a small section, my ride went really smoothly.

My transition from bike to run went well. Unfortunately, both of my calves felt like they were about to charlie horse and I had to stop and stretch them. As you can imagine, this is very frustrating in a race! This is a problem that I have been dealing with for my last 3 races, so I'm hoping to find the root of it soon. After I was done stretching, I felt pretty good. It was really hot, but I did a great job with my hydration and felt good. The last mile was really tough for me, but some good music got me through. I started sprinting to the finish a bit too soon, but I gave it my all and finished the race in 1:19. Here I am crossing the finish line. I look like an idiot because I'm trying to tell my mom to move because she is blocking Jake who snagged this shot.A special thanks to my sweet sister who made these awesome signs for me and to my parents who braved the heat to come and cheer me on. I love you guys!
After some delicious Qdoba and hanging out it in the park, the day was over. I absolutely loved everything about it! This was my last race of the season and it couldn't have been a better race to end with. My goals for next year: trim my transition times down, improve my times in the races I did this year when I do them again if only by one second, and complete at least one olympic distance triathlon (gulp)!
I regret not getting pictures with more people at this race. It's hard to remember when you are so caught up in the moment. However, I want to tell Katey, Katie, Leni, Jen, Kim and Trish how proud I am of all of them. We embarked on this journey together and it was thrilling to see it happen. Congrats to all of you. You all had amazing races! Same time, same place next year?
And then there's my coach. Jessi, I know I have thanked you before, but I will never be able to say it enough. I was so scared when you signed me up for this race last year. I swore it would be the only one I would ever do and then I would be done. Somehow, you knew that wasn't going to be the case. I completed 5 triathlons this year and there is no possible way it would have happened without you. Words cannot express my appreciation and gratitude for everything you have done to prepare me mentally and physically for this sport. Thank you for the countless hours you spent and still spend on making me a personalized training schedule. Thank you for calming me down and talking me out of crapping my pants before races. Thank you for ALL of the incredible gear you have given me!!!! Thank you for helping me with my nutrition both daily and for races. Thank you for all of your support and encouragement and for inviting me into Tri Fusion which was out in full force cheering at this race. Thank you for your hugs after races and for telling me you are proud of me. Thank you for the chance to tell all of my high school friends that I'm a triathlete when I see them at a wedding in a couple of weeks! I love you beyond words and am so looking forward to all of the tri memories we will make together in the future!
7 comments:
Hi Honey!!! This is one amazing post! I love thinking about the day Jessi signed you up and how scared you were! FIVE triathlons later, you're rocking races and looking amazing! You had such a great race on Sunday!! Congrats!
XO
Jen
ps. "Tiffany is SO fast! She had an awesome swim!" -Nick on Tiffany's amazing swim time
I love you and am proud of you beyond words. You really had a great race and I loved seeing you push yourself. As I was in the water warming up, I loved looking over and seeing you line up at the front of the swim where you belong. You've come a long way, baby, and all because of your hard work.
So, as long as you're on this great triathlon season high and you still love me... I'll take this opportunity to tell you that I signed you up for the Colbert half marathon this fall. :)
Love you!
Tiff! You did SO well! I adored seeing you out there and waving across the way on the bike ride. Thanks for telling me how proud you were of ME for doing the race. I could not have done it without you and your encouragement :) So, and OLYMPIC distance, huh? I'll be there for sure to cheer you on friend! Love ya! XOXO
P.S. Colbert half marathon!?! Jessi is so funny :)
Hi Tiff Lynn so you finished the big race in the valley. Does this mean you are a Valley Girl ha ha? Dad and I are so very proud of you. It is so exciting to see you swim and biking and seeing you come to the finished line and seeing your face so lite up. I get alittle bit excited when we see you coming towards us. But you know your Mom (CRAZY).Tiff So keep up the good job and we will see you in October for the big race. You are a amazing daughter. We love lots Mom and Dad.........
Nice work chica. Hope you're having a great summer. I miss your cute self! I have so loved this journey and getting to know you. You are a delight in every aspect of the word. I wish you were doing Wunder Woman with me!!
Oh and here's my 2 cents worth...
I think you need new running shoes and a tri bike.
XOXOO,
Kim
Hi there Sweetie,
You had a fabulous race. You may still feel like this is all new to you but FYI you look like a triathlete!!
You have such amazing natural talent, you were meant to participate in this sport. It is no surprise that you experienced such phenominal success your first season.
I have enjoyed very much getting to know you and my acute female intuition tells me you are a treasure!
I am honored to have your vagina find its happy place on my butterfly seat (smile)!
I look forward to racing with my favorite vagina at the Colbert half marathon!
Whooo Hoooo.....Bring it on....
Run Baby Run...........
Meet you at the starting line.....
Well, we certainly have Jessi to thank for getting the idea in our heads to do this crazy triathlon thing. Kind of odd, but now that we have done it, I think we are becoming addicts. I can't wait for us to do more together, especially now that we can pace each other in running and swimming. Hooray!!! "Guess who gonna be workin' out togetha, guess who gonna be workin' out togetha...that be you and me woman...that be you and meeeeeeeee!!!"
Be Hi!
Katie Mac
Post a Comment