Ok, I know Jessi already beat me to the punch, but here is my long awaited post about my dream come true: the Justin Timberlake concert. For those of you who haven't read Jessi's post, back in April, Jessi and I headed over to Olympia for a triathlon. On our way there, we were rocking out to Justin and talking about how we would pay anything to go see him in concert. We were talking about it just as we were driving past the Tacoma Dome, and what do we see, but the words, "Justin Timberlake, September 8th." We knew it was a sign from God that we were meant to go to this concert! Then, Jessi steps it up a notch and gets us the most AMAZING seats ever as a birthday gift to me.
Jessi picked me up on Saturday at around noon. A quick trip to Starbucks and we were off to fulfill our destiny! We were already singing along with Justin, of course.

We learned a couple of things at this concert that we will be sure to remember next time (and there WILL be a next time). First, take a portable CD player with you so that you can rock out to Justin while you are getting ready in your hotel room. We had to settle for watching MTV instead. Next, as soon as you buy your tickets, call a restaurant near the concert venue and make reservations! We must have stopped at 3 different places that had no openings. The line at Del Taco was out the door and Subway was closed at 6:30!!!! We ended up getting take out from a Chinese restaurant and eating it in the car. While we were waiting for our food, we had some delicious gelato. Life is short, eat desert first!


After paying $20 to park in some Joe-schmo parking lot, we were off! Here is a pic of us outside the Tacoma Dome where Jessi's camera was confiscated. Little did they know my camera was hidden in my purse!

When we got to our seats, I was speechless. We were literally 7 ROWS away from the very stage Justin was going to be on. Good Charlotte was opening, but I sat down and texted every person I could think of to let them know how close I was. For some reason, I didn't get the nicest responses...
I thought about cropping this picture, but I didn't because it shows just how close we really were! I get chills every time I look at it!



We took this next pic at intermission. You can tell from the smiles on our faces, we were in heaven! Justin had been singing, dancing, playing the piano, playing the guitar, and beat boxing. Seriously, there is nothing the man can't do!



This was hands down the most amazing concert I have ever been to! There really are no words to describe it. If you haven't already watched the HBO special, you need to! While you watch, you can think of Jessi and I and the fact that we were there in person! I'm pretty sure no one will ever top this birthday gift. Being able to spend a whole weekend with Jessi and Justin was a dream come true. This next picture is pretty inappropriate, and I apologize if it offends any one, but I just couldn't leave it out! It speaks for itself.

We bid Justin farewell until next time. He was pretty upset to hear that we, the 2 hottest girls in the crowd, were married, but that's the way it goes. We spent the car ride home still rocking out.



Thank you, Jessi, for this incredible gift! You are an amazing friend and there is no one I would have rather shared this experience with!
7 comments:
This is such an amazing memory for me... I will never forget it. Every minute of the whole trip was incredible. It's such a treat to be trapped in the car together and have 10 hours of uninterrupted talk time. Not to mention the concert! It was a blast standing next to someone who was excited to be there as I was... and of course thrilled that Justin was looking into our eyes and singing directly to US.
I love you beyond words. Thanks for going on this adventure with me. I will NEVER forget it!
What is beat boxing? I'm getting old! What an amazing concert...I guess! I'm so jealous! I want sexy too!
XO
LOOKS LIKE A FABULOUS TIME!
Tiffany-
I am SO glad that you girls took time to go on this amazing adventure!! Love the pictures and the narrative of the trip!
Justin was just on Oprah, and I did see him with "N Sinc" a few years ago when I took my grandaughter Emily! He is an amazing artist and dancer!
Thanks for your recent comments on my blog! You are a treasure!
Love Linda
Tiffany-
Since you and Jessi are Justin fans I wanted to share an
update on Justin...He has had to cancel several concerts due to a strain in his voice! :( I'm so glad you and Jessi saw him before this happened! Please share this sad news with Jessi
Have a great day! Love Linda
I know this is a little later then from when you got back, but I love your pics with the hottie JT. Anyway, I just wanted to post a little something so you know I still love you. I am going to come to your classroom tomarrow (Friday), and I am very excited. Well I love you and I am glad you had fun.
By the way that last comment was from me, Love you Higgie
Post a Comment