On Saturday morning when I left for my ride, this is what the fence looked like.
When I got home 2 1/2 hours later it was finished! I have to hand it to my hubby. If you asked me to build a fence, I wouldn't have a clue where to begin. He dug all of the holes, mixed and poured the concrete for the posts, designed a plan for the fence, and then built it! I think that's awesome and I'm very proud of him! I'm also pretty impressed that all we had to pay for was the concrete. The wood for the frame all came from my dad's old deck, and the rest of the wood was salvaged from our old fence that Eric tore down. I can always count on him to save us every penny possible. Like the other night, he decided to run home from the bar rather than pay for a cab. But that's a whole different story...
7 comments:
Sounds like a good deal. If he came over to help me in my yard, I wouldn't complain a bit and won't expect a date night. If he wants, I'd be happy to go for a ride when he finishes. You've got it made Tiffany.
LOL! What a guy! No really, Eric is a stud and extremely resourceful... plus hard worker. I'm like you - build a what? Good work, Eric. Hope we get to see the end result too. And dinner date afterwards? He IS Prince Eric!
Way to go Eric! I am always totally impressed when people know how to build stuff with their hands! I bet the new fence looks great ;) And way to go Tiff, for being the handyman helper! I'm sure Eric couldn't have done it without you!
P.S. I love that you referenced the "ran home from the bar" story! That's a good one :)
Girl I am SOOOOOO thrilled you have a blog. This is great!!! I'll have to look thru it all and catch up on things, but I gotta wait til I'm home from the honeymoon.....so bear w/ me! In the meantime, keep kickin ass with your training, good luck on upcoming races, and have fun the rest of the school year!
See you in July!!!!!!!!!!
Much love~!
EM
haha- the last part is the best. well good job eric with the fence-i'm impressed. maybe he can start coming over to our house now that he's done...we've got a lot of handy-man projects that need to be done..greg on the other hand is less handy than i am. sad!
love,
the fat man they call "bubba"
Tiffany The fence is going to look great.Eric is just like Dad doing everything and really enjoying every mintue of it. Good Job Eric. Love you both alot Mom..
Thank goodness for the handy men! Tom just loves a challenge like when I tell him, "There's just no way to fix this." It works like a charm.
Glad the lil' place is coming together. All these projects will make for a great resale!
XO
Post a Comment