May 14, 2008

My Sister's Graduation

On Sunday, my little sister, Kristina, graduated from Gonzaga University. She is walking out the door with a degree in psychology. She will student teach this fall and then she will have her teaching certificate as well. I have to laugh because I initially declared my major in psychology as well. After one class, I decided that it was not for me and switched to English. This is just another example of how very different my sister and I are.

I must say, I am incredibly proud of Kristina for this accomplishment. The people she spends the most time with have either given up on college, are on the 10 year plan, or have chosen not to go at all. Through it all, she has stuck with it and got out on time. A big congrats to her. She is going to make an amazing teacher!

6 comments:

Trish said...

Congrats to Kristina! Graduating from college is a HUGE accomplishment! A lot of my friends didn't go to college either, and that is rough. I am proud of her for sticking it out. In the words of Jessi, "She will never regret that decision." How fun that she is going to be a teacher too!

And what a WONDERFUL sister you are for supporting your sis by going to her graduation AND getting her a present in a little turquoise box! Props for the gift that keeps on giving :)

Anonymous said...

Tiffany You and Kristina both look great . Yes it was a long day but it was worth every mintue of it. I can't believe We have two Teachers in the Family. Dad and I are very proud of you both. I guess we did something right. Have a great day. Love you Mom

Kim said...

Congrats to your sis. I can remember graduating from college with so many goals and aspirations...then you get a little wiser and your goal because a little more sane. :-) You both are such beautiful ladies.

XO

Phaedra Cote said...

Your parents make good lookin' off-spring! Not to mention, smart and driven.

Congrats to your sister !

WORD-
P.

jessithompson said...

Congrats to your sis!!! What a huge undertaking and accomplishment! I love to listen to you talk about how proud you are of her... so sweet!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Tiffany-
What a super cute picture of you and your younger sis! Congrats to her on a HUGE accomplishment!
Love, Linda