July 28, 2008

Julia's First Triathlon

On Saturday, Julia competed in the Tri Fusion Kids Triathlon. The following is what she had to say about it.

"Hi. My name is Julia McIntyre. The first thing I did when I woke up is I got dressed and put on sunscreen. Then, we waited for a little while. Then we went out there.

In this picture, they're writing on my legs. I had a 5 because that's how old I am and I also had a Y because that was what my group started with.

In this picture, I'm waiting to get in the water. Just 'cause you know how the clouds just started covering the sun? It made it really cold!

When I got in the water, it felt OK. I was nervous because it was very cold!

My swim was very awesome and it was very fun and I really liked it.

When I got out of the water, I ran up this little hill thing. I thought I was gonna fall down, but then I just really pushed hard and ran up and I didn't fall. What scared me a little when I was running up is there was nothing to hold on to.

Then I got to my bike and I was trying to get it out and my mom helped me.

It was very fun riding my bike. I love my mom.

It was kind of hard to ride on the gravel with all kinds of rocks on it. My mom and Auntie Tiff helped me. I felt ok on the bike because it was kind of hard.
Then I started to run. On the way they had water so I stopped to get some. I was feeling really good.

In this picture, I'm really close to the finish line. Me and this boy were the first ones in our group! I was thinking that I was really excited. I thought that it was a great time!

Here I am at the finish line! I turned and smiled at the boy so he would maybe fall in love.

At the end I got a medal. It was very special.

This is the greatest picture with my Auntie Tiff. I love her very much. We are both 'triafaloners!' I loved this race. I want to do it again next year!"

14 comments:

Trish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trish said...

Can I just say that I LOVE how Julia decided to turn and smile at the boy so maybe he would fall in love! That is the cutest thing ever! (Maybe I should try that!)

I am so happy that I finally got to meet Julia, and she totally rocked this race :) Awesome race report, and she should be VERY proud of her performance. It was also fun to see you in Auntie Tiff mode! You are amazing and it is so evident how much you love Julia! You were beaming at the race :) XOXO

Anonymous said...

Way to go Julia!!!! What a great experience. You are a great little triathlete.

Love,
Katey

Michael W. Bergquist said...

Oh, how cute. She turned and smiled so the boy would maybe fall in love. That was the best part. (Note to self: never turn and smile at the boy as I finish)What's with making kids ride in gravel? I rode in gravel once and almost fell in the river. Anyway, that was a great post.

Steve said...

Are you sure you didn't add anything in the last line, "greatest picture". It was fun watching run around all crazy taking pictures of Julia.

Tell her she did awesome but next time remember to take her bike with her into T2:)

EM :) said...

OH MY GOSH. THAT'S SENSATIONAL!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I LOVE IT!
CONGRATS JULIA & AUNTI TIFF! TOO COOL!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!!!! so fun that you got to share one of your passions with her. she is going to be a great little athlete...i can already tell....matty must be so proud and dud may even let her borrow her old Bulls jersey if she keeps this up! ;)
fun post...thanks auntie tiff!
love you,
Mrs. J (f.k.a. bubba)

Anonymous said...

Julia you was so so cute. What a wonderful job you did. Now you and Auntie Tiff can run and bike and swim together that will will be alot of fun. Keep the great Job Julia and I'm very proud of you. You and Tiffany looks adorable. love you The Luce.

Anonymous said...

What a great thing to share, God Mother and God Daughter!
Now you can share your triafalon stories.
Leni

Anonymous said...

Already taking after her Auntie Tiff! So cute.

Darci

LORIE said...

Thank you for sharing this. . .I was curious how the kids tri went. Your neice is blessed to have you as an Auntie. (SOrry I haven't commented in a while. . .I've been blog stalking!)

Phaedra Cote said...

I loved that post! I have SO many things to say (shocker, I know).

First and foremost, can I just say what an AWESOME finish line you set up!!? It was top notch and you and your finish line crew did an incredible job making it a very exciting experience to run through for each and every participant! So, you are hired for next year as the finish line director and don't think you'll get out of it. That's what happens when you do a good job.

I MUST comment on Julia turning to the boy.....that was MY BOY!!!! Julia and Hayden crossed the finish line together and I have to say, they make a pretty cute couple. How tall are her parents? How old is she? I think they may be betrothed.

There's also a beautiful picture of Julia and her mom that my dad captured. She's a total doll and I'm glad I finally got to meet her.

Thanks a TON for all your help at the race Tiff....your contribution was obvious and I'm so glad you were a part of it.

WORD-
P. Keebler

jessithompson said...

This is hilarious!!! I love it! Thanks for all your help with the kids tri. I am so glad that Julia had a good time and wants to do it again. That was the whole idea! :)

Kim said...

Priceless. Great job with the tri Tiff...to you all the tri babes and boys that put it on. It sounded amazing! Joey is ready for next year!

XOXO