August 7, 2008

Disney Trivia Challenge

A couple of weeks ago, Tim mentioned having Eric and I over for dinner for a friendly challenge of our Disney knowledge versus his and Andy's. Bring it on! We looked at our calendars, and the only evening that worked for all of us was this past Sunday. Even though Tim was competing in Troika that morning, he and Andy still graciously agreed to host.

Eric and I decided it would be best to show up in our Disney gear. When we got to the Swansons, we were a bit disappointed to see that they had not done the same! However, they did redeem themselves by serving chips and dip in a Mickey Mouse shaped bowl as well as playing the Disneyland soundtrack. After they did a quick change, we snapped some pics.

Team Swanson

Team Byrd

I talked a lot of shit prior to this challenge but I knew we were up for some really tough competition. Tim and Andy have been to various Disney parks WAY more than we have and they have Disney paraphernalia everywhere in their house! I told Eric this on the way to their house and he said, "Yeah, we are probably going to get our asses kicked, but we can NEVER admit to them that we think we might lose!"

First, we had to decide which game we were going to play. We had quite a few to choose from after we put our collections together! We finally decided on Disney Trivia.
Disney Trivia is a lot like Trivial Pursuit except you get to add Mickey Mouse rings to your game piece as you answer questions in each of the categories instead of filling in your pie.
It was a pretty intense game. Don't get me wrong, we were definitely having a blast and cracking up, but underneath the happy-go-lucky image we were all portraying, each of us was feeling pretty hard core about winning.

Team Swanson Discussing

Team Byrd Discussing

Sometimes, the question is so hard, you have to resort to a different strategy.

Hmmmm....

F!!!!!

As the night progressed, Tim got the giggles. I think it was a combo of being exhausted from his race and some wine. It was pretty funny!

So, I'm sure you're all sitting on the edge of your seats just dying to know who is the ultimate Disney champion, right? I'll let the next 3 pictures do the talking!
Had to throw a little victory dance in there!

So I may have rubbed the win in their faces just a bit, but only because I know Tim would have done the same thing to me! Next time, it's dinner at our house and Disney Scene It. Can't wait!

Thanks so much to Tim and Andy for having us over! Dinner was absolutely delicious and we had a great time with you guys!



11 comments:

Trish said...

I am impressed that you and Eric won the Disney challenge! I have played Disney trivia (the travel edition) with the Swansons and they are SERIOUS about their Disney knowledge! You and Eric must be amazing!

Congrats on an intense win! The pictures really capture the action :) Glad you guys had fun and I can't wait to hear about the rematch. But remember, if you play again right after Tim and Andy get back from Disneyland Paris, their win will be tainted... maybe we should start running trivia questions on our bike rides to prepare...just think about it! XOXO

Anonymous said...

EEEHHHHH....UMBEEERRRTTTOOO!!!
this post is hillarious! i love that everyone showed up wearing their disney clothes...ha! favorite part: the "F!" pictures...those are priceless!
love ya tiff,
Bubba

Phaedra Cote said...

Gotta love the Swansons....sounds like a blast AND another thing you can kick my ass at. And I have kids. Hmm. I did beat you in a handstand contest last night. sorry-had to add that. I'm feeling unworthy. wanna bump chests?

entertaining post. love the victory dance pictures too ;)

word-
P.

Andy said...

We just didn't want to scare you guys off. :) Next time...

Jen said...

So fun!!
I absolutely love the victory pictures! :)

jessithompson said...

I honestly thought you guys were gonna get rocked. Word on the street is that you got lucky... hmmmm. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiffany and Eric We are so proud of you guys. Good luck on the next game. It really looked like you all was having alot of fun. I knew you two would win because you always do with us. Have a great day and see you soon. We should make a Mickey Mouse cake next time you have to play with Tim and Andy that would be kinda of funny. Love you MOM

Anonymous said...

I'm stalking you. Reading, but not commenting. Can you feel my eyes on your back? I know what you're doing, but you don't know anything about me.

Actually, I enjoyed both of the last posts.

Too bad for Andy and Tim, but when you are outmatched you're outmatched. Way to go Team Byrd!

The anniversary looked wonderful.

XOXO
Leni

Kim said...

I did not even know there were that many games with the Disney theme. I need to get with it!

Looks like a fun time had by all!

XOXO

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Of course... you are a Disney afficianado! It makes perfect sense!

With your sparkling personality :) you could be a Disney greeter...and mean it!! :)

I truly believe that there is more laughter and FUN on this planet because YOU are on it!!

Love Linda

Laura and company said...

Somehow I missed your last few posts so I have to comment on everything at once: Julia's post was precious, especially the finish line description...did he fall in love?; your anniversary dinner made me salivate; the Disney Face Off was hilarious. All I know about Disney is how to spell Mickey Mouse: M I C (C you Real Soon!) K E Y (Y? Because we like you!) M O U S EEEEEEE.