I got through my conferences on Thursday, even though I noticed parents looking at my disgusting lip and cold sore. They were probably thinking "I hope she doesn't ever touch my child!" I felt so gross.
On Friday when I got up, my lip was HUGE!!! I wish I had a picture of it, but honestly it was so embarrassing I don't even think I would put it on my blog! That morning, I decided that if my lip still looked the same that night, I would be skipping the party. As the day progressed, however, the swelling went down a bit. Don't get me wrong, my lip was still completely repulsive, but I knew if I skipped the party I would be really sad about missing it. Plus, I knew I would be surrounded by people who would still love me, even in all my grossness! I spent the evening trying to hide my cold sore in pictures. I think I did a pretty good job. Here are some of my strategies:
The Face Cover: A classic!

Hide behind Keith's shoulder!

Eat a Strawberry!

Hide behind your own shoulder!

Flash a peace sign!

The A+ arm cover!
By the way A+, what the hell is +A? Is that what we are after a night of imbibing in spirits? LOL!

Hide behind Keith's shoulder!

Eat a Strawberry!

Hide behind your own shoulder!

Flash a peace sign!

The A+ arm cover!
All in all, I think I did a pretty good job! My lip is no longer swollen and my cold sore is more like a big scab now. Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
p.s. To all the people who saw me on Friday night: please don't say in your comment that you couldn't even notice my cold sore. I ALWAYS notice when other people have them! Let's not lie! Thanks for still being my friend! :)
p.s. To all the people who saw me on Friday night: please don't say in your comment that you couldn't even notice my cold sore. I ALWAYS notice when other people have them! Let's not lie! Thanks for still being my friend! :)
14 comments:
im actually laughing out loud at this post! once again... you crack me up!!! please tell me you're not just about done with unit 6 like emilie and jen are??!?! Haven't started. Oops.
Megan
I thought you did an AMAZING job of hiding that thing, and I am SO glad you still came to the party! I know it was touch and go there for awhile, but it would not have been the same without you! I am glad you lip is finally feeling better, and props to you for being a trooper throughout the whole thing! You are still one HOTTIE BO BODY if you ask me :)
I love how you can always put a great spin on everything! Love the story!
I'm sorry, but I laugh out freaking loud at these pictures... you could write a book! Selfishly, I'm glad as hell you rallied and came to the party. You made the best of it and we had a so much fun! And you did win something big from the raffle, right?!
I'd also like to add that you have another great picture on your blog post below from the run. You're hiding behind my hat. LOL!
I love your hot self cold sore or not, B!
Tiffany,
i recently found the BEST and ONLY remedy for cold sores, as far as I'm concerned :) and.. as a relative, I feel compelled to share it with you.
Super Lysine + (brand Quantum Health): It's amazing! If you start taking it when you feel the first tingle of a cold sore coming on, it is probable that your cold sore will go away before the fat swollen lip ever occurs. Basically Super Lysine is an herbal remedy that includes: Lysine, Vitamin C, Echinacea, Goldenseal, Licorice, Propolis, and Odorless Garlic. we sell this stuff at fresh abundance.
I get cold sores simply from being around campfires and so I don't go anywhere without the lysine+
Anyway, I hope that you and Eric are doing well! I can't even remember the last time we've seen you guys. Happy Thanksgiving.
love, anna
Oh Tiff! You can't be beautiful all the time...I mean really...was it that bad. Never have never had one & hope I never have to look back on this post for "hiding strategies". But thanks in advance for the ideas. These could also be used for bad zit covering tactics. You may be on to something with this. Love you, Bebe
Damn your PS. You were definitely a trooper and it wouldn't have been the same +A if you weren't there.
Glad you rallied and were having a good time.
Ebyrd here....my personal favorito is the "hide behind your own shoulder." Sexy, coy, and secretive simultaneously.
Hi Tiffany!
Well this post explains alot! When I first saw the pictures from the party I wondered why you had that "Dick Tracey, secret detective" look in all of them! I'm sure the party wouldn't have been the same without you...so glad you went anyway!
Love Linda
too funny....at least you made the most of it. hope your herpes goes away soon! :)
xo,
Bubba
Hi Tiff, So sorry about that crazy cold sore. But you are always perfect in my eyes. I saw you Sunday and it wasn"t to bad. We still love you. Have a great night. Love You Mom
Funniest post ever! :) I love all the pictures and can I just tell you...I love how you did your hair! What a great night!
Love ya!
I think cold sores are hot, just like you. You crack me up! You are a trooper girl!
Tiffany,
You rock.
Post a Comment