Which do you want first? The good news or the bad news? I always choose bad, because you know the next thing you are going to hear couldn't possibly be worse!
I do, indeed, have a stress fracture in my foot. My doctor, of course, said absolutely no running for six to eight weeks. Blue Lake? Definitely out of the question.
It's not that I don't respect my doctor, or value his opinion, but I'm pretty sure he's never done a triathlon and I know he's doesn't specialize in sports injuries. So, I called Dr. PZ Pierce at Champion Sports Medicine. Now onto the good news. I went to see Dr. Pierce today and he says I can definitely do Blue Lake and not cause any more harm than I already have. And no, the stress fracture is not going to snap, like so many people have told me. Once Blue Lake is over, no running for me for six weeks, and I'll be taking some drugs to strengthen the bone while it heals. I'm taking my orthodics and shoes to him tomorrow so that he can further analyze the cause of my problem.
Woo hoo! I am stoked! I know that a lot of people won't understand this, but I really want to do Blue Lake. I know there are other olympics I can do after I recover, and that I already did one last weekend, but Blue Lake was my first olympic and I want to be able to compare times. I feel like I have worked my butt off this year, and I know it will make a difference. I have been excited to race it all year. So, as my boy Lil' Wayne says, "I promise no surrender!" Is it going to hurt? Yes. But I made it through last weekend, so bring it on! Thank you Dr. Pierce!!!
p.s. Dr. Pierce also told me today that heels are actually good for my feet because I have such a high arch. Wearing heels is better than flats because they actually act an an orthodic for me! Who knew? I need to go see this guy more often! ;)
8 comments:
HOORAY!!! I'm so happy for you! You will do amazing at BL!! Can't wait to see how much you've improved!!
ps. I can't believe he said heels are better for you! Hilarious!
Yay! I'm so excited for you! Good luck!
I'll be quoting your high heels tid bit until my feel fall off from wearing 5" stilettos :)
I am beyond thrilled for you, honey! You've worked hard for this and I'm glad you're going to be able to race.
I'd just like to point out the fact that you are actually excited to be doing a race with a stress fracture. WHO KNEW?!?!?!?! If you would have told me this scenario a few years ago I would have laughed in your face. Damn girl, you are one hard core beeatch. Good thing you hang out with crazy people a lot, cause it just makes you feel more normal, eh?! ;)
I adore you, am so proud of you and can't wait for our kick ass trip down to Blue Lake. BRING IT!
Great news about Blue Lake!
You didn't mention the bike. Are you still allowed to ride? It sounded like it from the post. Just no running?
You are going to kick some SERIOUS booty down there. I know how hard you've worked and how ready you are. I also remember how terrified you were a year ago looking forward to doing Blue Lake. Ah... what a difference a year can make.
Go get 'em!
XXOO
Leni
I would like to compare Jessi's comment to the text messages we sent each other. I am pretty sure she plageriarized us for sure:)
It is going to be an awesome trip and can't wait to cheer ya on. Maybe run you in:)
Hi Tiffany I'm happy for you so you can go to Blue Lake. Just be careful you know me worry all the time. But you guys will have alot of fun the trip down and than the race. I can't wait I get to text you alot. Good Luck and Eric too. Love you lots Mom
So glad you get to do Blue Lake. I remember how excited you were to finish it last year, and how well you did, too. You've got so much talent! Good luck!
WooHoo! You go girl! Can't wait to hear your post after this one!
Love you and for sure see you in July. We plan on coming up the 15th-20th. Rea Mae's cheeks are waiting for you :)
Post a Comment