December 8, 2009

gLOVE!

Let me introduce you to my new best friend. Since she is from Brooks, I fondly refer to her as Brook.
Let me get one thing straight. I do NOT like spending money on work out clothes. Evidence of this includes multiple holes and horribly mismatched outfits. I would much rather buy a cute top or some new heels. However, this jacket was an exception because of what she has to offer me. Even when it's freezing outside, my hands always get hot when I run. The only problem is that they start out freezing so not wearing gloves isn't an option. That means having to make sure I have a pocket somewhere to put my gloves in, or just enduring sweaty palms.

Enter Brook. She has built in gloves! She sweetly asks, "Would you like your thumb out?"

"Or in?"
Knowing how fast my hands get hot, she doesn't cover my entire palm, but rather leaves some breathing room which is easily covered up by holding my hand in a fist.
And, as promised, mid-run when my hands are boiling, I can simply roll back the gloves and don't have to worry about where to put them. Sheer genius.
Ever the smart one, Brook also offers to hold my iPod for me with a convenient little hole inside for my headphones to go through.
Make fun of me all you want. But finding something that actually makes me want to run is priceless!

9 comments:

Steve said...

Does Brook have any single friends? I am pretty sure this was made just for you. Obvi!!!

mmsnyder said...

I love it and if I ever become an intense runner when Im actually running outside in the cold- I might have to get one! OR... maybe Ill just get one because its so cute so I can look the part :) See you tomorrow!

Keith and Meghan said...

A long long time ago when I used to be a runner I had that same problem, and I totally stretched out all my long sleeve shirts trying to create what Brook has so kindly offered. She is a genius. True friends are hard to come by, you're so lucky.

Amy Byrd said...

Brook is very smart! I like her multi-tasking!
Bebe

Josh said...

I need Brook in my life.

jessithompson said...

I flove you and Brook... and the fact that you name everything you love. You reeeeeal funny.

Anonymous said...

She IS beautiful, no doubt. Having a friend that you can count on when you are out on that cold and lonely run means Everything.
I know that you'll be very happy together.
XXOO
Leni

Matt said...

I think I like Brook ;)

Anonymous said...

You're welcome for introducing you to Brook, you freak :+) I love that you love it!

XO,

Nat