May 3, 2010

Done and Done!!!

I can't believe it. I did it. I actually finished my Master's Degree without dying in the process! Those of you who already have yours know what a long freakin' road it is. This past semester just about put me over the edge as my motivation to do homework dwindled from slim to none! But thanks to the MC (or the Mead Cohort, the 4 other girls I went through my program with) I pulled through! My last class was on Thursday. The professor sent us home with a take-home quiz so that we wouldn't have to go to class this week. Angie and I had already decided we were not going home that night until we had finished the quiz and were truly done with our Master's. Being the smart person that I am, I suggested we go to Zola to finish the quiz instead of staying at school because some wine might keep me from whining about having to finish the quiz.

We got to Zola at around 7:45 and didn't leave until 10:00. And yes, we were working the entire time! Gross! At the end, though, we were both giddy with excitement. What an amazing feeling! There are really no words to describe the elation I felt when it was all over!

The next day, I got to do this:
For those of you not familiar with Google Calendar (or "Googs" as I lovingly refer to it) that is my "Homework To-Do List."

I love Googs for a million reasons, but when it asked me this...
...and I got to click "OK" I just about kissed my computer!

No more homework for me for the REST OF MY LIFE! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No homework for the rest of your life?! Ha! You teach at the elementary level, Babe. Homework is a way of life, but I get what you mean.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In a short while you can enjoy a true summer Vacation. Sweet. You have earned every second of it.
XXOO
Leni

shelly said...

a HUGE congratulations from the gibbons family in CA! Great job Tiff! Enjoy your summer vacation now without any more school work!!!

Steve said...

Congrats!!! Not sure what you are going to do with all this free time on your hands but at least you have some now :)

But in all reality...I really ain't that impressed ;)

Emilie said...

BEST feeling EVER!! Congrats, Tiff!!! Thanks goodness for the MC!

Jen said...

Done and Done!!!!! FOREVER!!!!! Just reading your post made me want to giggle! I am so freaking happy!

Congrats, lady!

Anonymous said...

Tiffany Dad and I are so very proud of you for getting your masters. We need to have a big POOLPARTY for this summer. We love you Lots and very proud of you Honey. Love Mom

Angie said...

Yeah!! We finally finished! It felt like we would never get there! Thanks for staying with me until 10:00 that dreadful night! Such a good feeling to not have to think about school (at least this type of school) anymore! :)

Loves