June 17, 2010

Shut Up, Scott Hamilton!

5:00am - The alarm goes off and wakes me out of a DEAD sleep.

5:15am - I finally roll out of my bed and get my swim suit on.

5:30am - I arrive at Whitworth. If I'm being serious, I hate my life right now.

5:32am - 2 minutes into warm up and I have just walked into the locker room. I hate my life even more. I strip down to my swim suit, stretch, and as I'm putting my hair into a bun to fit it under my swim cap, I see this:
This is a quote from Scott Hamilton (it's at the bottom in the small print). Really, Scott Hamilton? Really? Did you firmly believe that when you were lacing up your skates at 5:32am? Probably. You're sooooooo much better than me (please note my sarcasm)!

Why do I always get ready in front of this locker? I have no idea. Every time I read this damn quote all I can think is, "Clearly, I'm severely disabled."

5:35am - I get in the pool with 2 minutes left to warm up.

7:00am - I have finished the painful workout Kevin has subjected us to. I jump off the blocks and do a 25 yard breaststroke race with Jessi, Steve, and Rory because we have deemed this "The Year of the Breast." Rory does the stroke with 1 arm and 1 leg and still kicks all of our asses.

7:05am - I walk back into the locker room smiling and get ready for the day.

7:25am - I leave Whitworth with a good attitude, laughing my ass with Jessi at who knows what. So there, Scott Hamilton!

7 comments:

Steve said...

This post is FAWESOME!!!

I knew I wasn't the only one who has the conversation EVERY freakin' morning.

But at least when it is done...it is DONE and it really wasn't so bad.

At least for the next 2.5 months you get to go home, jump right back in bed and go back to sleep!!! Did I mention you suck;)

Great post B!

jessithompson said...

OMG...this morning was just too much. I was laughing so hard I could hardly breathe. Serious stomach cramps. I don't know what I would do without you there. I probably wouldn't even be there - that's what.

I love you crazy ho. Times a cadillion.

Nat said...

Filarious post! It's surprising that you feel this way on the inside, because on the outside, when you arrive at the pool you are all sunshine and butterflies, blowing kisses to everyone and high-fiving our coach ;).

At least you get your ass outta bed and DO it and Do it so freaking well! My motivational self-talk is always about regret. I know I will regret NOT going to masters, but unless I drown, I'll never regret showing up.

Swim on, swimmer!

XXOO!

Lindsay said...

LOVE this post!!!!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

OK, I just have to say that I LOVE Scott Hamilton (his inspiring story and recovery from cancer is amazing) and I LOVE this quote! I will be sharing this quote with anyone and everyone! :)

I LOVE that you get out there and go for it! Way to go, you excellent swimmer....:) :)

Love,
Linda

Anonymous said...

LOL! Too Freakin' funny.
I think many people suffer from that particular disability at 5 a.m.
Love and hugs,
Leni

Anonymous said...

I know how much you like getting up. Just stay away from you for a while. But you. must love swimming cause you would never get up for anything else. you are great love you MOm