July 20, 2010

San Francisco

Bright and early on Saturday morning, Eric and I headed to the airport to catch a plane to San Francisco for Sarah and Ryan's wedding. Initially we had planned on making a little vacation out of this trip since neither of us had ever been there. However, Eric snagged a new job just a week before the wedding. Although we are overjoyed that he is now working in town, that meant not being able to take any days off. So, we booked our tickets to leave at 6am on Saturday morning and arrive home at 10pm on Sunday night. It was a whirlwind of a trip, but we definitely packed in as much as we possibly could and made the most of it!

The wedding was absolutely amazing. Really, it was breathtaking. The church was beautiful, but even more gorgeous was the bride!
The reception was held at Corinthian Yacht Club in Tiberon. Again, it was beautiful. It was right on the water and we had an amazing view of the city. Since we were at a yacht club, Sarah went with a nautical theme and I LOVED it!

Our Table

Place Settings
By the way, that little gold nugget is Davenport Hotel peanut brittle dipped in chocolate, aka an orgasm in your mouth! I may or may not have stolen quite a few of these off of other tables once the dancing started. Hey, ya snooze, ya lose! The fools who left them on their tables had clearly never tried these little crack cakes before!

The Cake
One of the layers was chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filling. Are you kidding me? I die!

My goal at this wedding was to take plenty of pictures because I've kind of been a slacker about this at the previous weddings we have gone to this year. Below are some of my favorites.

Gotta love those Bullpups!

I, of course, spent the majority of the evening on the dance floor. Sarah and Ryan hired a band. I have to admit, when I first heard this, I was a bit concerned. Silly me...they were awesome!
After being up for 23 hours, we finally hit the sack. Six hours later, Eric and I were up and at 'em to go explore the city. I told you we didn't waste a minute! We took a cab from our hotel to Ghirardelli Square where we had a great breakfast at a little diner. Then we headed down to Fisherman's Wharf to do a bit of exploring. Since it was so early, there were maybe 10 other people out there. It was awesome!


Eric really wanted to make it to Alcatraz, but unfortunately, this was as close as he got. We just didn't quite have the time. It's a great reason to go back someday, though!

From here, we hopped on an open-top bus to tour the rest of the city. These things are pretty awesome. You can get off at any location and count on another bus to be there to pick you up every 20 minutes! We jumped off in Chinatown and spent some time exploring there.
Next, we headed to Union Square where we stayed on the bus. Although I was salivating at the thought of doing some shopping there, we were too pressed for time (probably a good thing for the old pocketbook). We saw quite a few historic buildings and drove through the Haight Ashbury district. Then it was off to the Golden Gate Bridge. Although we had already driven over it a couple of times, it was so much better in the open-top!
Afterward, we headed back to Fisherman's Wharf for lunch. Eric was ecstatic to see that there was an In N Out Burger since he's never had one before. I decided on a more authentic meal and went with clam chowder in a sour dough bread bowl from the Boudin Bakery, the oldest in San Francisco. They are famous for their sourdough, which just so happens to be this bread lover's favorite kind of bread! I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!

After that, it was time to catch a cab to the airport. By the time our heads hit our pillows, we were literally exhausted, but it was all so worth it! We had such a good time on our mini-vaca. Can't wait to go back again someday!

A huge congrats to Sarah and Ryan who are now enjoying a little slice of heaven in St. Lucia! I'm so jealous!

7 comments:

Steve said...

Did you happen to get any gelato in the Italian district...SO GOOD!!! Looks like a great trip and definitely a place I would like to go back to.

jessithompson said...

GREAT pics! Glad you guys made the most of your time there. I love San Fran. Can't wait to hear all the details in person. Love you ho! xoxo

Emilie said...

WOW! You're weekend was amazing! So glad you two had such a great (albeit short) trip! I'm so jealous of your lunch at Boudin Bakery-THE BEST!!

Jen said...

Love everything about this mini-trip! WOW! The wedding looks like it was incredible! Love that you guys were able to explore a bit too!

Congrats to Eric on the new job! I'm sure he's loving not having to drive a million hours everyday! :)

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, You guys really did have alot of fun. You both looked so good and I really like the your dress so cute. The wedding looked very pretty and fun.love you Mom

Angie said...

Way to see A LOT of San Fran while you were there! It is such a fun city, glad you were able to make the most of it! The wedding seemed Famazing! I would have stolen some of those tasty treats too! :)

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Tiffany!
How great that you had such a fun trip. Love your black and white dress :) and the neat beach/San Diego decorations at the wedding. That candle with the sand and starfish looks like one that could go on my dining table. And those Davenport soft peanut brittle goodies are to die for! :)

Congrats to Eric on getting a new job, and one that's close to home! What a blessing for both of you.

Have a great summer!
Love Linda