Steve, our favorite landscape architect, offered to come over on Tuesday and help us lay the anti-weed fabric and start placing the rock. A couple of hours before we were supposed to get started, I got a text from Jessi letting me know that she, Rog, and Emma would be happy to help too. Are you kidding me? Who does that? My person, that's who! I made a quick trip to Papa Murpheys to feed the crew and as we were sitting down to eat, Rory and Carla stopped in just to say hello. They were certainly not dressed for hard labor, but they were game to jump in and help. Unreal!
By the time we finished dinner, it was getting dark outside. That didn't stop this crew!
Even our awesome neighbor, Jeff was ready to help. He came bearing gifts!

After the shoveling got to be a bit much, Eric thought using his dad's bobcat would be an easier way to fill up the wheel barrows. It didn't take Emma more than 2 seconds to jump in for a ride! Smart girl!


By 10:00pm, the entire front and back yard was DONE! That's right, we didn't just make a dent, we finished the project! Not too hard to believe with this group, but pretty damn impressive, nonetheless!
This group is like no other. I have been on the giving end and know that even when the work sucks, it's pretty awesome to help out friends who you know would return the favor in a heart beat. But no matter how many times I'm on the receiving end of this, I'm beyond overwhelmed by how giving these people are. I appreciate all of you soooooooo much! You all are incredible friends and I'm lucky to know you!
After the shoveling got to be a bit much, Eric thought using his dad's bobcat would be an easier way to fill up the wheel barrows. It didn't take Emma more than 2 seconds to jump in for a ride! Smart girl!
By 10:00pm, the entire front and back yard was DONE! That's right, we didn't just make a dent, we finished the project! Not too hard to believe with this group, but pretty damn impressive, nonetheless!
This group is like no other. I have been on the giving end and know that even when the work sucks, it's pretty awesome to help out friends who you know would return the favor in a heart beat. But no matter how many times I'm on the receiving end of this, I'm beyond overwhelmed by how giving these people are. I appreciate all of you soooooooo much! You all are incredible friends and I'm lucky to know you!
5 comments:
Your friends really do Rock! So glad you guys had such great help and were able to get your project done-I'm sure it looks great, too!
If only our landscape crews worked half that fast:)
Honestly, it is the absolute least we could do for two people who are always willing to help out. I personally know how giving you guys are and jumped at a chance.
So glad you like it!
One day...are you serious?! AMAZING! Good, good friends make life so much better!!
Would love to see pictures of the finished product (in the daylight). :)
XOXO
Just for you, I feel like I should break out in song with my girl, Dionne ...
"Keep smilin', keep shinin'
Knowin' you can always count on me...for sure
That's what friends are for
For good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for"
One of the reasons that you have people so willing to help out, is because you and Eric are the kind of people that do the same. It's a beautiful thing in this life to have friends show up when you need them. Not just give you the courtesy line, "let me know if you need any help"... but actually call and ask "when can we come over?" or hell, just show up.
Like you, I have been overwhelmed MANY times as well... it feels good to pay it forward.
Besides, if shoveling rock can be fun... this group makes it happen. Love Em and Eric in Bobby... hahaha.
Love you times a cadillion, ho!
the rocks looks stellar in the yard!
Post a Comment