Ahhh, Master's Swim. Who would have ever thought I'd be getting up at 5am in the summer to meet you? Crazy as it may be, I've been getting up at zero o'clock two to three times a week this summer to make it to swim practice. Why, you may ask? Well, I'm pretty sure the main reason is because I have peeps, namely Jessi, Steve, Nat, and Rory who hold me accountable. We all agree to go on the same days and even carpool. When you tell people you'll pick them up, there's no backing out!
We usually swim at Whitworth, but in August, they shut the pool down to repaint it. That means we head to Witter pool. It's a outdoor 50 meter pool on Mission. It's nice to change it up a bit. There's nothing quite like swimming hard as the sun comes up. It gives you kind of a natural high. It's also nice to do half as many flip turns than normal since the pool is twice as long. But what really had me excited about swimming at Witter was the remodel they've been working on since last summer. Enter 2 bouncy diving boards and 1 water slide!!! I've been salivating at the chance to play with these toys for months now! A couple of weeks ago, we finally got our chance.
Steve and I headed to the diving boards to do some "synchronized" diving. Or not. According to Rory, our dives were terrible. It then turned into Steve thinking he could actually jump over the flags, which I was sure was going to result in him not being able to have children. He never made it by the way. Unfortunately, I don't have any shots of this!
Up next: the slide! We had to actually ask the manager to turn the water on for us. We were giddy as kids at Christmas! I'm pretty sure she thought we were nuts!


8 comments:
Nice job getting up Oh-So-Early to swim-very impressive! That slide looks like a blast, too!
Love love love that last pic!
Hi Tiff!
Your grin in both of these pictures in priceless!!
You were meant for a water slide! It brings out the "kiddo" in you :) Happy last weeks of summer!
Love Linda
Honestly...it is the ONLY way I would be able to get there. Makes those early wakeups bearable.
The pic is priceless...and I hope you remember that feeling when we are bundled up and struggling to get to the pool by 8:30 :)
Thanks for making the swim workouts that much better.
PS. We 'REEEEALY' need to get back on those diving boards...I am pretty sure we can master it.
The carpooling and slight chance we might get to play on the slide or diving boards has made it possible for me to get outta bed sooo early and swim this summer! I didn't even 'try' to swim at masters last August, and now I know I missed out.
Love the pic of you at the end and sharing that first slide down with you too!
XO!!
The pic of you and Nat is hilarious. She has the thumbs up like "we good to go?" .... And you're like "Look at how high we are!!!". I need to come check this place out. Post falls isn't on your carpool route is it?
So funny! I love the picture of you and Nat at the top of the slide!!!
"Giddy as kids"? Face it, you ARE kids. As to the insturctor thinking that you are nuts...um... (Nuff said) Looks like a blast.
Even though swimming from 8:30-10:00 pm sucks it's a Whole lot better than being in class!!!!!!!!!
XXOO
Leni
Post a Comment