May 21, 2011

2 Months Old

Aiden is officially 2 months old! Yes, time is still absolutely flying! At his doctor's appointment this month, he had to have his tongue clipped since it was attached on the underside a bit too far forward. He also had to have three shots! Needless to say, it was a rough appointment, probably more for me than him. But he did have a hold-his-breath-cry and cry real tears for the first time ever. It was pretty hard for mom and dad to watch.

At two months, Aiden weighs a whopping 13 pounds 4 ounces. That puts him in the 87th percentile for weight! He is 23 1/2 inches long (76th percentile) and his head circumference is 40cm (54th percentile).

Two Month Grow Bear Pictures


Aiden is all smiles. He will smile any time someone talks to him. The other day, he was sitting next to me in his Boppy. I looked away for a few minutes and when I looked back, he was staring at me with a huge grin on his face. It melted my heart! Aiden is also "talking" by making little cooing noises, and he's pretty close to giggling.

When he's on his tummy, Aiden is really good at holding his head up to about a 45 degree angle. If we put his arms underneath him, he'll hold himself up on his forearms. He has started trying to roll over by moving his little butt, but the upper portion of his body isn't quite following just yet.

Aiden is also an excellent sleeper! He takes two naps during the day and will sleep an average of 7 or 8 hours a night! What a dream!

This month, Aiden got to meet his best bud, Owen Thompson. These two are just 7 weeks apart. What a gift to be able to raise my son along side my best friend and her son! I'm so excited to watch these two grow up together, and for them to have "big sis" Emma as a role model!


Since we're finally having some nice weather, Aiden and I have been going on walks almost every day. We've been so lucky to have company on many of them. Here comes the stroller brigade!

I'm loving every second of every day I get to spend with this little guy!

7 comments:

Emilie said...

Happy 2 month birthday, Aiden! I can't believe how much he's grown since I last saw him! He's SO adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmsnyder said...

i love everything about this post! from the smiles and sleeping, to you & your best friend having baby boys around the same time to the stroller walks! :) :) cant wait to see you and aiden next week! tell jessi congrats.. owen is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet is this post. As a grandma it just makes me cry. Just love him so very much. What a very special son you and Eric have. And of course you guys are perfect parents. So very proud of you both. Love you Lots Mom

jessithompson said...

I will forever cherish the moments of the last two months where we have brought these beautiful baby boys into this world and been able to share that experience together. The hospital pic of the "twins" and their sis along with the b&w one of us, make me smile and even tear up every time I see them. Full, full hearts. Love you to the ends of the earth! xoxo

shelly said...

he is seriously the cutest little man ever!!! enjoy every moment as they for sure do go fast!!! love and miss you guys! kiss his sweet little face for us!!

Steve said...

It seems like the next time I see him he will be running around. That boy is growing fast. Looking forward to seeing all you guys in a few weeks.

Nat said...

I can't believe how quickly Aiden has become such a handsome little man! He grows so fast that I'm afraid to let a week go by without holding him, for fear he'll grow out of that stage. When he smiles at me, he absolutely melts my heart! Thanks so much for sharing him with us. Love you all, hugs and kisses!