November 26, 2012

Our Big Boy

Aiden is now 20 months old and I cannot believe how much he has learned in the past few months!

One of Aiden's favorite things to do is help out. We just got done finishing our basement and he was all about being just like Dada and using his tools. Aiden's tool of choice is a "sigh-digh-yo" (screwdriver). What you can't see in the pictures below is that when he twists the hand that the screwdriver is in, he also twists his other hand. So cute!


Aiden really likes to help at the grocery store as well. I have no idea why I even bother putting the cart cover on any more! On this day, he pushed the cart all the way from the checkout stand to the car with very minimal help from me, since I wasn't allowed to put my hands on it!


Aiden absolutely loves his Dada and usually wants to do whatever he is doing. If he's up when Dada's shaving, he joins in right away.


He also loves to snuggle with Dada as soon as he gets home, and whenever he is getting sleepy. This picture melts my heart!

Aiden is still a great eater and is now eating what we eat, which makes life a bit easier! On this day, Elmo really wanted to eat lunch with Aiden!

Aiden's most exciting development in the last couple of weeks has been speaking in sentences. He will say things like, "Sit a Mama" or "I hold you" or "Yyyyu (yuck)! A bug!" He will also repeat virtually any word we ask him to, as well as any sentence we say to him. He also says, "I yove you" now, which is music to my ears!  He is very good at communicating what he wants or needs. Twice in the past week, he has shocked me and counted to 8 all by himself! I'm pretty sure we have a genius on our hands! ;)

Aiden will tell us when he goes poo-poo. Today he walked up to Grandma and said, "I stinky!" He is also very interested in going pee-pee. Although he has only actually done a little tinkle in the toilet, he still asks to go pee-pee at least once a day. I think it might be a bit of a ploy to get his diaper off, though, because afterward he runs around the house with only his shirt on and is not at all happy when we put a diaper back on him!


Aiden is still a major cuddler. He will give kisses and hugs all the time without being asked. One of my favorite parts of each day is bedtime. Aiden snuggles up on me and wraps his arm around my neck while I sing to him. He holds me so tight and will grab my arm and put it around him just as tightly. As soon as he's ready to go down, he will give me a kiss and say, "Nigh-nigh!" and go straight into his crib, snuggle under his covers, and go to sleep. What a love bug!

My favorite part about this last picture is that when Aiden saw the three of us in my phone while I was taking it, he said, "Family!" just as I was snapping the shot. LOVE!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Just dying right now! I'm obsessed with all the sweet pictures, but seriously...his little potty picture is beyond cute!

xoxo

jessithompson said...

I agree with Jen that the potty picture is to die for! Just love you all to pieces and am so proud of all the time and energy you have put into Aiden! You are both terrific parents and Aiden is such a great kiddo because of it! We adore you all and can hardly believe what a big boy Aiden is already! Love all of his words and sweet little voice too!