June 13, 2013

A Little Update

There are so many little phrases Aiden says that I don't want to forget! It's hard, though, because it seems like he comes up with something new every day! Here are some of my favorites to date:

"Hey duys! Yoot at me!" This is probably my favorite picture of Aiden to date. He dressed himself.
"You're doing a dood job, mama!" (He says this to me most often when we are working on a puzzle and he doesn't want to help any more.)
"Yeah, I know!"
"Oh, Mon!" (Oh, Man!) He says this when you're hurt and then proceeds to kiss your owie.
"Right now!" He will randomly put this on the end of sentences.
"Dabeeya." (gorilla)
"Daddy, do it one more time!" He says this about 100 times when Eric is tickling him.
"I can't wait! I'm so mecited!" 
"That sounds great!"
"That was deyishus, mama!" or "That was supmtious!"
"I bont my head!" (bonked)
He likes to squeeze our nose and say, "Hont, hont!"
"Hooray!"
"That feel you better." (That will make you feel better.)
"You come wif me!" or "Foyyow me!"
"Somepin' buggin' me!" (Typically this is a tag on his shirt and I have to cut it off.)
"Here I'm am!"
"Can you help me." (This is said as a statement, not as a question.)
"Hmmm...I have idea!"
And my personal favorite: "I yove you so much, mama/dada!"

Aiden's favorite shows right now include Yo Gabba Gabba, Bo on the Go, and Go, Diego, Go!

His favorite movie is The Lion King. He chooses to watch it almost every day when we're driving home from my parents' house. If you ask him what hakuna matata means, he will say, "It mean no worries!" He also loves the song "I Just Can't Wait to be King" and will roar along perfectly with Simba. Aiden also really loves Finding Nemo. His favorite part is when Marlin and Dory are riding the EAC with the sea turtles.

Aiden's game of choice at the moment is Dinosaur. This consists of him chasing us while rawring. We have to scream and say, "Aaaahhh! There's a dinosaur chasing me!" Then he will say, "Now you chase me!" When we catch him, we have to tickle him, which is also a favorite past time of his. He is also really excited about Hide and Seek.

His favorite snack by far is Z Bars. He also loves fruit leather, raisins, Pirate Booty, and popsicles (I make these by blending and freezing yogurt and fruit). He also absolutely loves corn on the cob.

I am loving seeing the results of using Love and Logic with him. He has apologized to me on his own accord two different times for throwing a little fit. He will also go to his room and shut the door when I ask him to have a time out and tell me when he's ready to be sweet. He doesn't like it, but he still does it. Giving him two options that I am ok with and letting him choose so that he feels in control has also been a godsend! 

Aiden is now going peepee by himself, often without even telling me he has to go. He'll just walk into the bathroom and take care of it. This often ends in the bottom of his shirt getting soaked in the process, but I'm so proud of him for taking the initiative to do it himself! Going poopoo is now only about a 5 minute process, thank goodness!

Our little bean pole is wearing 24 month or 2T shirts, but is still in 18 month pants.

Aiden usually goes to bed between 8 and 8:30. One of us, most often me, has to lay down with him. He usually tries talking and playing around for a while before he settles into his vice grip sleeping position. You'd have to be Houdini to get out of this one before he falls asleep! For the past few months, Aiden has been rising bright and early between 5 and 5:30. He comes into our room and climbs into bed with us. Sometimes he'll go back to sleep for another hour, but that doesn't mean we do!



Aiden is really into building things right now. This is how I found him after unpacking groceries from Costco the other day.

Dada spoiled Aiden with a giant sandbox last month!

Our little muffin threw up and then came down with a pretty bad cold a couple of weeks ago. It mean zero appetite, snot everywhere, and lots of snuggles. Aiden also apologized to me saying, "Sorry, mama!" after he threw up when I was changing his clothes. It almost broke my heart!

We are LOVING this fun stage with Aiden. His vocabulary increases daily and he keeps us laughing with the things he comes up with!

3 comments:

Emilie said...

Ahh, I LOVE reading all the fun things he is saying and doing. It sounds so familiar and makes me smile just thinking about how much FUN this age is!

Jen said...

He is such a love! His little sayings are precious! :) My favorite might be him telling you good job!

ps. For some reason, the box Aiden is sitting in looks so odd in your house! Might be the only dog we ever see there! ;)

jessithompson said...

Absolutely LOVE this post! It's these little details and sayings that you think that you will never forget... preserved for your memory and later for his! So wonderful for you to take the time to write it down! xxoo