January 18, 2014

5 Months

Grow Bear Pictures


This month, Ava got to try her hand at rice cereal. She wasn't so sure about it for the first few bites, but did really well with it after that. Now, when she sees me coming towards her with the spoon, she starts kicking her feet and gets very excited. I can't wait to start her on some fruits and veggies soon!


This month also meant going back to work for me. As hard as it is for me to leave my little girl, I'm so blessed to only be working three days a week! Not to mention the fact that I know she's in the best of hands with grandma and grandpa. She is doing great there and loves watching the commotion of all the kids running around.

Unfortunately, Ava decided the whole sleeping through the night thing was lame right when I went back to work. She is now waking up 2 to 3 times a night, and sometimes staying awake for a few hours! After being spoiled with such a good sleeper so early on, this has been a big adjustment for me! I'm not sure if her teeth are bugging her, or she's growing, or both. Whatever the reason is, I hope it ends soon!

I've given Ava a pacifier a few times this month just to see if she had any interest in it. Not so much...

I did, however, find her like this one day. Although she hasn't really been to fond of her thumb since. 

I think we are definitely in the teething stage. Although I don't feel anything when I rub her gums, she is gnawing on anything she can get her hands on.

 I've heard nothing but good things about baltic amber necklaces for teething. It's supposed to be a natural ibuprofen. I figured we don't really have anything to lose if it doesn't work! And can we talk about the rolls and rubber band wrists on my little munchkin? I spend a good amount of time each day just munching on her!

Ava is still just the happiest little girl ever. She always has a huge smile on her face and is more than happy to grab our cheeks and give us big, slobbery kisses!



Although she still likes to talk, her favorite thing to do is growl. She also likes to scream by inhaling. The two of us have screaming wars every day and she thinks it's the best thing ever! She is still super ticklish as well so we get to hear the sweet sound of her giggling any time we want!

Happy New Year!





No comments: