November 12, 2014

A Little Update

I cannot believe how much Ava has changed in just three months! Three days after her first birthday, she took her first steps and I don't think she has sat still since! We were at Grandma and Grandpa's house and she walked between me and Grammy numerous times. We were so excited!

Once she had the whole walking thing down, she decided it was time to focus on talking. Here is a list of the things Ava loves to say so far:

"Oh wow!" This one was of the first things Ava said clear as day. So cute!

"Hi-eeee!" Ava will say this anytime someone new walks into the room. When she meets a stranger, it takes her a minute to warm up, and then it begins.

"E-I-E-I-O!" Grandpa taught her this one. She will just roam around the house singing it, or belt it out in the car.

"Dow-Ooo!" This is how Ava says, "thank you." Most often, she will say it without prompting whenever we give something to her. 

"Na-na" or "Num-num." This means Ava is hungry. 

"Turtle" Ava says this word perfectly! 

"Zip it up!" Sometimes it takes her two or three tries, but she says this pretty well when we are putting on her coat.

"Nigh-nigh!" She says this when she is laying on blankets, which she loves to play with, on the ground. She's not so excited to say it when it's really time to go to sleep, though!

"I yove you!" She has only said this a couple of times right after hugging me. Melt my heart!

"Dada, Mama, Nana, Papa" and she attempts to say "grandpa." Ava will try to say any word I ask her to, but most often it just comes out as "dada." 

Ava will tell you what noise a cow, birdy, kitty, fish, duck, frog, and elephant (her favorite) makes.

The first thing Ava ever pretended was eating. She loves to give us all pretend snacks and will pretend to munch on them herself as well. Ava also like to pretend to wash her hands and anything else. Last night, she was using a candy bar as a bottle, pretending to dump it into her hands, and then "washing" my hair with it. 

Recently, she has been attempting to jump after watching her big brother do it. She takes a running start and then lifts up her arms and one leg and grunts. It is probably the funniest thing she has done thus far. She is trying so hard and you just can't help but laugh when she grunts!

Ava loves to sleep with Beanie Babies. Her current favorites are an elephant, a bear, and a giraffe. 

This is Ava's favorite toy right now. She LOVES fitting the shapes in their corresponding holes and pushing them through. She can do the circle alone, but needs a bit of help with the others. 

Riding the rocking horse my grandpa made for me. I love that my mom saved special things like this so that I could share them with my kids!

Ava absolutely loves brushing her teeth!

I taught Ava to use the stairs the second she crawled towards them. It took a couple of days of LOTS of practice, but she's a pro now. Right after she learned, this was her favorite place to hang out.

These two. Aiden can make Ava laugh like no one else. I love their sweet relationship.



No comments: