Also, it was Katey, Jen, and Leni's first multi-sport race and each of them told me they would really like me to be there to help them get set up and race with. Talk about peer pressure! Congrats on your first race ladies! You all kicked some serious ass!
I don't think I ever really pumped myself up mentally to do the race. I was honestly never excited for it. But, it did feel good to hear people cheering for me (especially Emma with her sweet little voice) and it was thrilling to share the victory with my training buddies. I was also pretty pumped about the bike portion of the race. I actually passed people! Usually it is me getting passed. It was very rewarding to see my training pay off in that way.
I can't say I see myself doing any more duathlons in the near future, but I'm glad I pushed myself and can say I have done one. The finish line felt pretty damn good!
Special thanks to Tommy T who showed up bright and early to support and take some great pics! This is Tom's version of triathlon: sleep, McDonald's, sleep.
5 comments:
Congrats Tiff! I am very proud of you and the other tri-girls! One of these days I'll make it to a race :) It is so great that you are the "old pro" now! You can definately give me tips for Valley Girl! Love ya!
To say that I am proud of you in an understatement. I "get" how hard you're working for all of this and I know what it's like to rally for a training race. But like my coach says, it's the best workout you'll have all week! He's right... the best training for racing is racing. Your triathlons will benefit from this experience and every time you're in a racing situation you learn how to push yourself a little more which definitely helps with the mental part of the sport. I was thrilled with your bike performance (I can tell by your HR that you were really pushing yourself) where your hard work and energy clearly had payoffs. Way to go, lady! Love ya to pieces.
I'm inspired by the way you go for it... or maybe better stated... I'm inspired by the way you fly when I shove you off the cliff! :0)
See the muscles in those legs... HOT!!!
Hey Lady, this is my first visit to your site and I am very impressed. You look great in all your sport pics...especially your legs, WOW! I am very proud of all the hard work you have put into becoming a triathlete. You have also put a lot of time into helping me become one too. Because of you I just might not drowned at the next race. Thank you for your support, friendship, and dedication...you rock!Love, Katey
P.S. Do you have a crush on my man?
Tiff...
Let me just say that I felt SO much better knowing you were going to be at the starting line with me! I would have been lost with you! I can't say that I would attempt to do a race that I didn't feel semi-comfortable doing (swim, bkie, swim maybe). :) I adore you and am so proud of you!
Congratulations Tiffany on completing in your first Dualthlon!!!!!
By participating in any multi-sport you set yourself apart as an athlete.............
I happen to know how hard you have worked and your discipline is admirable...........
I am so proud of you for jumping in and rising to the occasion of something you really didn't want to do...........
You are an inspiration to all who ared watching............
I look forward to seeing you at a race and cheering for you on the course.............
Your energetic spirit is contageous and I love that about you...........
I am proud of you and I barely know you............
Plus you are totally a doll.........
Look forward to making some Triathlon memories with you..........
Post a Comment