September 7, 2007

Our Trip to Montana

Last week, we got a call from Katey Randall asking if we would like to go to Tom's parents' cabin on Flathead Lake for Labor Day weekend. It took about one second for us to say yes! We left on Friday afternoon and stayed through Sunday night.
On Saturday morning, Tom made all of us rise and shine at 7:30am and we were off to Glacier National Park. We decided to drive up Going to the Sun Road and then do a 2 mile hike to Hidden Lake. We stopped about 2/3 of the way up Going to the Sun to take these pics.

I don't usually appreciate nature at all. But it's kind of hard not to with a view like that!

The "hike" to Hidden Lake was just my kind of hike! It had a boardwalk and steps almost the entire way! Perfect! We didn't see nearly as many animals as we had hoped, but we did see some cute chipmunks and a couple of mountain goats. Here we are at the end of the hike looking down at the lake.
Since I've been having knee problems lately, I knew it was going to be an issue at some point. Sure enough, I was dying on the way down. My incredibly sweet hubby had me jump on his back to relieve the pain. I heard 3 different girls we passed say to their significant others, "That's cute! Why don't you do that for me?" It was pretty funny.
Almost all of Eric's extended family on his dad's side lives in Montana and we are pretty close to some of his cousins, so we gave them a call when we got back from Glacier and planned to meet up. We were able to see his aunt and uncle and 3 different cousins and their kids. While we were there, I got scared that Eric and I are going to have ugly kids. It just doesn't seem possible to have this many cute kids in one family!

Zoey
Her brother, Cash

Elyse
Her sister, Julia

Ericka
Could they be any more beautiful? I think not!

While Tom and Eric went hunting on Sunday morning, the rest of us enjoyed a nice, long sleep in! In the afternoon, Randall and I decided to "pull a Thompson" and work out while on vacation. We put on our sexy wetsuits and went for a great swim.

We left on Sunday evening since all of us teachers wanted to be able to run all of our last minute errands before the first day of school. What a fun trip! Thanks Tommy T!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady,
I had the best time in the Big Sky State with you. Highlights might include: "Honesty Park", the hell I call my wet suit, and pretending I was going to stay another night. Thanks for a great weekend!

Ciao Ciao,
Katey

Anonymous said...

One word "BITCHIN'"

Anonymous said...

Looks like SO much fun! What a way to end the summer :)

Kim said...

What fun chica! The pics are fabulous!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Have I ever mentioned how incredible the outdoors can be? I guess not. Let me, now, take the oppotunity to say, "Told ya so!" I'm so happy that you had such a fun trip. You both deserve it.
Leni