December 18, 2007

Tag - You're it!

If you're reading this and you have a blog, I tag you to answer these questions for your next post!

1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for sure. However, I like it all to match so that it looks nice under the tree.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. My dad and sister have horrible allergies so I never had a real one growing up. Not to mention that the smell of pine does absolutely nothing for me!

3. When do you put up the tree? The first weekend of December.

4. When do you take the tree down? The last weekend of December.

5. Do you like egg nog? Yes, but even better is chai-nog. You can buy it in a box at the grocery store. Add some non-fat milk and warm it up - a little slice of heaven in a cup! :)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Nintendo, of course! I'm talking about the original here. You know, the one that came with Super Mario Brothers, Duck Hunt, and Track and Field with the Power Pad!!! Still have it!!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. It is one that my parents bought me when I was a baby.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad, only because I want to get him something that he would really love and be surprised by.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Jessi. All I have to do is go shopping for myself and pick up two of everything! :)

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? How about neither! Last year, we made cards at Costco but never sent them! Ha ha ha! Maybe I'll get an energy burst this year and send them. To be quite honest, I don't feel like I HAVE to send out a Christmas card until we have kids.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One of the millions of smelly lotions and/or candles I get every year from various students. I don't like them, they give me a head ache!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. We watch it every year after Thanksgiving dinner and I laugh every time!

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? You bet I have and I'm not the least bit ashamed of it! Smelly lotion or candle anyone?

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's cookies. Her sugar cookies are to die for. I also love her Russian Tea Cakes and fudge. My mouth is watering now...

15. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.

16. Favorite Christmas song? "Carol of the Bells." I've also always loved "The Little Drummer Boy."

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. We spend Christmas Eve with Eric's family and Christmas day with mine here in town. However, we did spend our honeymoon in Mazatlan over Christmas and I must say it was a Feliz Navidad!

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dancer, Prancer, Donner, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Blitzen, Dasher and Rudolf, of course!

19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning.

20. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I honestly can't think of anything. I'm obsessed with Christmas!

21. Favorite ornament theme or color? My favorite ornament is my first Christmas ornament. I love that my mom has kept it in such good condition. I also love that it is made out of that really soft angel hair stuff - total 80's!

22. Favorite for Christmas dinner? The leftover "second dinner" sandwiches I make with the turkey.

23. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace on Earth...that's my beauty queen answer. To be honest, I'm DYING to start using the new cute as hell purse my sister got me that my mom won't let me have until Christmas!!!!

4 comments:

jessithompson said...

Great post! I posted mine too. I totally agree with the chai-nog, good call. Can't wait to see your new purse! Thanks for the smile... XOXO

Anonymous said...

Well you really had a busy Sunday. But I had a wonderful Sunday making cookies with my Daughters the best time ever.Dads comment on the best Christmas Cookie was a cookie that was not pictured. A small wonderful little Christmas Tree done by Daddy. We both had a great time Love you Mom and Dad....

Amy Byrd said...

OK Tiff I did mine. You are the only person who has my blog address, so therefore the only person who reads it. Fun!! Thanks & see you soon! Hope you get a good ornament for the exchange.
Amy

Jen said...

I loved reading all your answers! My favorite was your beauty queen response to the last question! :) Happy last day before break!!
XOXOX

ps. I'm pretty sad I couldn't go to the run last night! Will you go with me next time?? Oh, Nick also wanted me to tell you that "you're hardcore" for going!