February 28, 2008

Wednesday Headlamp Run

On Wednesday night, I joined some fellow Tri Fusion members for a headlamp run at the Gallagher's home. I must say, it took me some serious courage to start going to these weekly runs. As you all know, I'm not a strong runner and most of the people who show up are pretty hard core. However, it sure is a great motivator to get my butt out the door and it pushes me harder than I would push myself if I was running alone!

I was SO thankful for this run on Wednesday because I was feeling pretty tired and working out was the last thing I wanted to do. But, I was already committed to the run, so I had to show up and I'm really happy I did. Natalie was kind enough to do the first half of my run with me (she has walking pneumonia mind you - that's a dedicated runner!) and I finished the second half on my own. It was a great run, and Natalie definitely pushed me which was awesome. Thanks, Nat!

Here we all are having just finished the run. Afterward, we enjoyed some great food and even better company.


I know a lot of people don't come to these work outs because they don't want to drive when they could just run from home. But really, hanging out afterward is what it's all about. I have been able to meet and talk to people in the club that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. What a blast!

I have to give a HUGE shout out to Trish for coming to her first head lamp run! Not only did she swim beforehand, but she also ran her farthest distance yet! She is on a roll this year with her nutrition and training and I couldn't be more proud of her! Trish, you are an incredible inspiration to me! Keep up the good work!

Here are Jessi and I sporting our new muscles, the result of the strength training we have been doing together this year. My favorite part of the picture is the white you can see on our hats from sweating our butts off during the run. Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like us? ;)

9 comments:

jessithompson said...

I wish my girlfriend was that hot - DANG?! I'm so proud of you for going to these runs. I love to see you push yourself, do something out of your comfort zone, and then see how excited you are afterwards. If I would have shown you this picture 3 years ago, you would have thought I was doing some crazy Photoshop action like Kim... but you're the real deal, baby. HARD CORE!

I agree on the special shout out to Trish. Not only is she lookin' hot on the outside, but her adventurous and confident spirit is lookin' hot on the inside too. We're all so proud of you, Trish!!!

Jen said...

Way to go girl!!!
You're so amazing! I can't wait to join you one of these days!
XO~ J

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out friend! You were one of the main reasons that I decided to come. In case you haven't noticed...whenever you ask me to do something exercise wise, and then say, "just think about it..." I eventually give in! I appreciate you and Jessi and Natalie for encouraging me to get out there and show up! It was a total blast and I WILL been seen at more of these! You inspire me to push myself, because I see you pushing yourself, and that is one of the many things I love about you :) "I didn't think I could...then I tried...and I did!" Props to you!! XOXO

P.S. And thanks to you and Jessi and Jen for being my #1 cheerleaders! I appreciate every word of affirmation you gals give me! Go Team GO :)

LORIE said...

LOL!!! First, I am lovin' the green. Second, I am thrilled you're working your ass off during your workouts! It will pay off this race reason. Also, the two of you are hot. . .:-)

Amy Byrd said...

OK! You are an animal. I can confidently say I don't look that good after running. I always get these stares that scream "are you ok?" My face turns beet red & stays that way for a good 45 minutes. It's awesome! Way to go Tiff!
Love,
Bebe

Anonymous said...

I know it's been said before but you are THE Absolutely Awesome.
Ya mean that the white stuff is SWEAT?! Eeewww.
Seriously, great work!
Leni

Kim said...

Oh, yes I wish I was hot like you! Great pics and nice work T-mister. I am amazed at your dedication!
xo

Phaedra Cote said...

Tiff-I'm really impressed. I know that running can be a bit of a challenge for you but you're working hard and it'll pay off. And let me just say for those of you who aren't at the Sunday swims-Tiff keeps up with the BIG kids in the fast lane. I wanna be like her when I grow up!

WORD-
P. Dizzle

Anonymous said...

Tiffany I guess all I can say is I am so very proud of you. You and Jessi looks so cute. Just be careful and have fun. Love you lots Mom