April 8, 2008

Martini Madness

On Saturday, Twigs hosted a Martini tasting for Tri Fusion members. Oh, how Twigs spoils us! Now, I'm not much of a martini drinker. For mixed drinks, if I can taste the alcohol, I usually don't like it, especially if it's vodka. But, there was a fun group of people going so I decided to join in. Here I am - the lush of the group. You know me! ;)

It was awesome! We sampled 6 different martinis and I actually really enjoyed some of them! We started out with the Twigs Passion. It's blue and pretty good. Another one that I really enjoyed was the Creme Brule - awesme dessert drink! However, the winner in my book was the Pear Garden hands down! This drink was amazing. So much so that I really can't stop thinking about it. I think I will need to have one of these a day sitting by the pool this summer! You've gotta try it!
After dinner, Katey decided to show off and ask how many of us could tie a cherry stem in a knot with our tongues. Katey demonstrated in about a minute! Very impressive!
So then of course, it was on. I don't think any of the guys tried it, but the girls sure did! Can you guess which one is mine?
NONE OF THEM!!!! Jessi and I put our stems in our mouths at the same time and even though we didn't say it, the competition was on to see who could do it first. She won - no big surprise! I guess I still love her...
I tried forever to tie my stupid stem! I even tried to visualize the knot!


I kept trying the entire way home in the car and even stood in front of the mirror at my house for about 10 minutes watching my tongue. I got so close about 3 times, but finally called it quits. Can you do it?

Despite my lack of tongue twisting, the night was a blast. It was a great group of people and I even found my new favorite drink! Yum!

7 comments:

Jen said...

SO FUN!!

I'm with you...I can't tie a stem either! I hate it because I try so hard! I love the picture of you trying!! :)

jessithompson said...

The last picture is by far my favorite - I'm laughing out loud just thinking about it! You are freaking hilarious! XOXO

Tim Swanson said...

A+, after many years of research on this subject, I have determined that it is a physical impossibility to complete this task. I am convinced that those who claim they can do it, simply hide a pre-tied stem in their mouth, and then produce it after a sufficient delay marked by many face gyrations.
Loved the picts of you trying, though! :)
Timmers

Anonymous said...

I'll bet Eric is still encouraging you to get that stem tying down.
You are so funny!
Leni

Steve said...

The fact that you tired to tie that stem ALL the way home and even for 10 minutes in front of the mirror shows true dedication. Way to not give up! :)

Steve

Anonymous said...

Kateys cherry stem tongue tying ability is on my top five reasons why I married her to begin with! That is a pretty funny picture of you concentrating so hard! Good effort!

TT

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany Well It works this time. I just got done doing my workout so you should be proud of me for that it"s 8:00. Well it looked like you had a great time. Dad will have to make you one of those drinks out of his Book. Have a great night Love you Mom..