April 13, 2008

Sisterly Love


Today, we had brunch at my parents' house. I took my shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer and straightener with me. After brunch, I asked my sister if she wouldn't mind playing beauty shop with me. She graciously agreed. Although Eric has been really great about doing my hair, I needed some help from a girl! Now I won't have to wash it tomorrow and I'll just have Jessi pull it back for me. Oh, the things we take for granted! A special thanks to my sis for taking the time to do this for me. My hair is really thick and this is a long process. She even offered to drive to my house any morning this week to help me get ready. What a doll. Afterward, my mom and I went to Old Navy, where she helped my try on some clothes, and Costco, where she basically did everything for me. Eric then accompanied me to the grocery store and gave me a hand with the laundry. I did have more mobility in my shoulder today than yesterday so I'm hoping I won't need help with things like this for too much longer.

Thanks to everyone who has called to check in on me and for all of your nice comments. I have some pretty great friends and I appreciate you all so much!

8 comments:

Amy Byrd said...

I think I may stop in to Brentwood tomorrow to see the new hair do. Ooooh maybe I'll wait till Tuesday, you should be looking really foxy by then. JK. What a great sis you have to wash your hair. Hope each day the shoulder gets better.
Love you,
Bebe

Steve said...

It is amazing the smallest things that you do every day can be such a tasking event. Hopefully you are feeling better soon. We missed you today at the race, but it is better to get healthy soon.

Michael W. Bergquist said...

I shattered my collar bone and broke some ribs on '05. When I first read that you'd injured your shoulder, I had a flash back to my injury and many of the same fears you expressed. It was an awful experience that I'm really glad to hear that you won't have to endure. I hope you have a speedy recovery and try to enjoy the temporary challenges you face ... along with the pampering. See 'ya out there on the battle field.

jessithompson said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better... you'll be back in the saddle in no time. Be sure to take it easy and not rush it so that it can heal completely. Everyone loves you and wants to help, so be sure to ask when you need it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany Well I was glad to hear you were alittle better today. But I loved every mintue of helping you wtih Old Navy and Costco. Spending time with you was great. We have to do that again but please do not hurt yourself Ok. I think I'll go and call you to see how you are. Oh by the way the dinner was really good. Dad loved it. Love you Tons Mom

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your shoulder Tiffany! All the SCATES family hopes you heal soon!!!

Vicki, Jayden, Martin

Jen said...

What a sweet family you have!

I hear you...I didn't realize how much I took walking for granted until I was on the old crutches!

You'll be back in no time! Just remember to take care of yourself!

ps. If you need help with shopping of any sort...I'm pretty amazing at it! :) I'm serious!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Tiffany-
I am so excited...
OK...I have lots of "tips" for doing everything with one hand!!!
I am "your gal"...OK, not "your person" since Jessi is that..but who else do you know that has one hand and uses one arm all the time??

Tip #1:
Use your feet- Your feet have only been used to walk on, but they are really "hands in waiting!" You will be amazed how they can come in handy for all kinds of things...hair pulling back...(ask me how)

Want other tips? Just dial 1-800-
has only one hand :)

Love you!
Linda
PS I am working on my humor...how did I do? :) Hugs!