September 1, 2008

Sara's Wedding

This past weekend, one of my high school friends got married. She had a 2 year engagement so it was about time! Neither of our husbands could join us, so Andrea and I hopped a plane to Seattle on Sunday morning since the wedding was Sunday evening. When we arrived at the airport, we were talking about who we might see at the wedding. To our great surprise, our friend, Michelle, was on our flight. I went to school with Michelle from kindergarten through high school. She lives in California but was home visiting her parents so she was flying out of Spokane to go to the wedding. It was awesome to be able to catch up with her on the flight and then hang out with her before the wedding. She is absolutely hysterical!

My dear friend, Lisa, was sweet enough to pick us up at the airport and be our taxi and hotel for the weekend. A HUGE thank you to her! It was awesome to see her. She starts dental school at UW tomorrow so wish her luck!

Lisa, Andrea, Michelle and I grabbed some lunch together and then, as per my request, we went to Red Mango. This is the place Jessi and I found in Seattle a couple of weeks ago. Non-fat, plain frozen yogurt topped with fresh fruit. Probably one of the best things I had ever eaten! Yum!!!

Sara's wedding was on Bainbridge Island, so we had to take a ferry to get to it. Lucky for us, she charted a private ferry for her guests! The ride took an hour and a half because we took a scenic route. It was gorgeous and so much fun to catch up with some of our high school and college friends.

When we arrived at the ceremony site, the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Thank goodness! It was pretty gray for most of the day. This is where the ceremony took place. Beautiful, huh?

Sara was a breath taking bride, not that I expected anything less! The ceremony was awesome and tearful. Why don't I ever remember to bring tissue to these things??

The reception was a blast. Dinner was incredible. We had salmon that was beyond mouth watering! The decorations were gorgeous. Sara didn't spare any details!

After dinner, we moved into a different building to start the dancing which is always my favorite part of the night. Here are a couple of my favorite pics of Sara and Ryan.
More reception pictures
Me, Andrea, Michelle, & Alex

Traded out Alex for Molly

Me & my date

The gorgeous bride and I


I was kind of bummed when the dancing ended at 10:00 and we had to board the ferry again. However, imagine my elation when I found out there was a DJ on the ferry and Sara and Ryan were joining us for another hour and a half of a serious dance party!!! It was awesome!

Andrea & I shaking our booties!

Andrea, Kim, Melissa, Michelle, Ali, & I

I went out on the deck to cool down and realized that obviously I need to be the king of the world! Alex was happy to join me!

Once we turned around, the wind was blowing up our skirts. Obviously this meant we had to be Marilyn Monroe! We got in trouble for standing on the platform, but it was so worth it!

This was too fun so I had to drag the bride and groom out to play along. Too cute!

The beautiful view at the end of an amazing night! Sara, your wedding was incredible! Thanks so much for letting me be a part of your day! Love you!

A quick stop and Red Mango for breakfast (yes, Jessi, I got a medium this time!) and we were on our way home. One last hurrah before the first day of school tomorrow!

8 comments:

jessithompson said...

So fun!!! Two comments 1) If you weren't my person, I'd hate you for being able to go to Red Mango again. 2) You look FADORABLE in that dress... OMG!

Missed you this weekend. Wait till you see the pics :) XOXO

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Tiffany!
OK..I am still in shock...she hired a private ferry!!! This sounds like an amazing wedding, LOTS of fun, and a great way to end a summer!

Have a super first day of school today!

Love Linda

Anonymous said...

looks like you girls had a great time...the titanic pics are great! and how fun is it that you had an hour long dance party on the ferry back to seattle...sounds like a good idea for our 2009 reunion, don't cha think???
p.s. i saw geitters sneak into a couple of those pics...i think you and dud may have a stalker!! jk! ;)
love you,
B to the ubba...

Anonymous said...

Tiff, great dress. It looks like everyone had a great time. Your pics look professional.
Love ya,
Katey

Amy Byrd said...

Love the dress Tiff! Good job Kristina on picking those chocolate dreams. What a fun weekend. It's always so fun when good friends get married, so you can reconnect with the old.

Trish said...

Holy smokes...that wedding seems amazing! I am so glad that you had a rocking time :) And the Red Mango pics totally made my mouth water! I am SO finding one of those when I go to Seattle in two weeks! I agree with everyone else, you are a major hottie in the pics! Not that I would expect anythingn less :) XOXO

Kim said...

I say let there be dancing...my favorite thing at weddings too! Ditto on the adorable dress, you look like a model!

You go to more than weddings at a younster than I did! There was a summer I hit 7, 4 I was in...you may have broke that record already!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey The wedding was very pretty. Everybody looked good/ It was nice to see the girls again.Molly was so cute. You looked so beautiful in your dress. It really looked pretty on you. Sara was very pretty in her gown. Lisa I didn't know that Lisa worn glasses she looked kinda differ. Glad you had a good time. Love you Mom