October 28, 2008

BYOP 2008


For you amateurs out there, BYOP stands for Bring Your Own Pumpkin. We started this tradition last year in our tiny little house. It was packed with 8 people carving pumpkins. This year, I was so excited to be able to invite about 40 people to our new home to carry on the tradition with us. We set up in our unfinished basement which proved to be perfect for carving! We had a total blast. So many people showed up and the first party in our new home was a success. Here's a slideshow of some of the pics.



Just like I did last year, I will now unviel to you our pumpkins. Some of them needed to be photographed in the dark and in the light so that you can see the details. I'll save the winner for last, but if you weren't here, feel free to cast your vote too! I don't know about you, but I was incredibly impressed this year!
Tommy T's

Ryan's

Jessi's (fuego=fire in Spanish)

Eric's


Dan's

Alan's

Trish & Cameron's

Nate & Merissa

Jake & Katie's

Mine

Greg's

Natalie's (this one didn't quite go as planned...)

Alicia's

Tim's

Andy's

My mom's

My dad's

Eric's mom's

Eric's Dad's

And now...the big winner of BYOP 2008...
Keith's!!!
And yes, he free-handed this entire thing! Amazing!! Congrats on your big win Keith! Can't wait to see what you bring next year! ;)

Thanks to everyone who came to the party!








13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'll be Keith is really looking forward to the trip to Hawaii that he won! That was the prize, right?

Nice job everyone!!!

HAPPY HALOWEEN!

XO
Leni

Steve said...

Thanks again to the Byrd's. I had a great time. I think I better start planning for next year:0

BTW- I am still waiting for my tickets or at least the movie I think I left over there.

jessithompson said...

I had such a good time and emjoyed the fun pumpkin carving, delicious eats, and the great people. There were lots of highlights of the night, but seriously... spying on Keith and watching him do his solo 'dance' moves in the basement. I almost peed my pants. Thanks for being great hosts - it was a blast!

Trish said...

Thanks for such a great evening Tiff and Eric! BYOP was a total blast! Cameron and I both had a great time, and I can't wait for next year :) What a great fall activity: pumpkins, beer, friends, beer, laughs, beer, good food and more beer! I love your new home and you both were so gracious to have us over. Loves!!!

Amy Byrd said...

Oh I love a good competition, especially pumpkin carving. I have been honing my skills & look forward to next year. Sorry we couldn't make it! It looks like everyone had a ball!

Anonymous said...

gosh you had some really creative pumpkin carvers this year- i am impressed!!! glad to hear you guys had so much fun...i hope we can make it to BYOP next year! :)
xo,
Bubba

Ali Ty Stitt said...

I love the pictures... theses parties are fun... you had a creative crowd!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Tiffany!
First, I love the new and festive look of your blog!

Second, while i love "Keith's: I must also vote for Nate and Merissa's! Both are former students!!

This party is so like you...FUN!!
Happy halloween!
Love Linda

Jen said...

Holy Crap!
I can't believe how awesome all the pumpkins turned out!
What a sweet tradition you've started! Love it!

LORIE said...

Those pumpkins impressed me! Looks like a total blast. I loved Steve's of course but thought the TRIFSUION one was pretty cool. Great tradition Tiffany!

shelly said...

I am so impressed. you have some talented friends and family in the carving dept. looks like so much fun.

Kris said...

Hi Tiffany! Thank you so much for an awesome time..it was really nice to meet you all! I had a blast! Can you email me the pics of Alan and I? bobinas1977@yahoo.com. I hope to see you guys soon!

Kelli Rydeen and Family said...

These were awesome. It's painfully obvious that I don't have an artistic bone in my body!

Kelli