Leave it to all of us to turn the ER into another fun blog post! You can check out Jessi's blog for all of those pics (if you haven't already).
While we were in our scrubs, Natalie decided that this week's headlamp run absolutely had to be themed "Doctors or Deer (or whatever Halloween costume you have). Awesome. It took me about a millisecond to decide I would be skipping class for this one! The crew showed up ready to scrub in. I had to remind Steve not to act like a deer in headlights - I'm so freaking funny I kill myself!

Jessi even put her C-collar back on as well as her bike helmet to take a quick ride in a wheelchair. I can only imagine what the people driving by must have thought!



Obviously, I had to raid Eric's closet to whip out the John Deere shirt in honor of Jessi. :)

Here's my girl enjoying her first outing since Sunday. I cannot tell you the relief I feel seeing her smiling, laughing, joking, just plain sitting up with her eyes open and not feeling dizzy! I have to admit that a couple of days ago, I thought Jessi would still be at home in bed while we were all doing this run. It has been a rough week of ups and downs for her and I am grateful beyond words that she is finally starting to feel better. Watching her hurt, and not being able to do anything to fix it has been torture. If you have a person, you get it.

Not really sure how we'll ever top this head lamp run, but hopefully nothing like this will happen again and we won't have to!
4 comments:
You're a good friend Tiffany. . . . the best. You not only talk the talk but walk the walk. You remind me of what a good friend is. . . .thank you for that.
Hi Tiff!
Oh my gosh...this post is hilarious!!What a hoot to get Jessi out in that wheelchair laughing and not being left out of the head lamp run!!
One of the blessings of this "hard time" has been seing more of you! Thank you for all the love, time, and effort you give to Jessi!
Thank you for truly being there for her, for all of your phone calls to me, and your help with keeping the work side of her life going too!
I am grateful beyond words!!
Love you!
Linda
Was definitely a headlamp run to remember. Too bad your "idea" came just a few hours to late. That might have been the all-time greatest.
Ohh yeah, and thanks again for blinding me:)
I may not completely understand but I can see how much it ment, that you were there every time Jessi needed you. That was true A++ style.
There just aren't words... really. 'Thank you' seems petty and trite.
It's more like I'd like to be first in line to be tested for a match for a kidney transplant if you ever needed one.
We've been through some high highs together and some low lows. Although the upside is so much fun, it's the tough times that have deepened our friendship as that is where the trust is built.
I love that hanging with you is completely effortless and we're always having a good time.
I love that I get to be the real, unedited version of me with you.
Thank you for loving me no matter what.
I'm forever grateful you're my person.
I love you times a million.
Post a Comment