Without fail, each week Tyra bestows some ridiculous piece of advice on the girls during the judging. I think it could easily become a weekly blog post, and since my blog is SO boring right now, I'm starting "Tyra Says." Ladies, listen closely; you could really learn something here.
Tyra says, to bring life into your poses, "You have to make sound effects inside yourself!" So girls, when you take one last look at yourself before walking out the door tomorrow morning, make a sound effect. Not out loud, but inside yourself! Feel free to share the sound effect you chose in your comment.
10 comments:
I could have told you that, I do this every morning when I leave for school!
My sound effects usually start inside but always seem to work themselves out so EVERYONE gets to experience it.
Not sure what it means that the first 3 people to comment on your ANTM blog post are guys....but....
I do have to say that I do follow Tyra's direction here, especially when faced with Wednesday nights. Most weeks, just about 7:55pm, I start hearing 2 things within my psyche: first I hear ear-splitting group screams coming from twig-like packs of 25 young women (why is it that every time I walk by the TV when this damn show is on, all I ever hear is screaming????). Second, I hear myself start the strange echoing, guttural, pained strain of trying to dry heave. Yes, of all the reality show hosts out there, Tyra is by far the WORST!! She LITERALLY makes me sick.
But hey, if you women like it, have at it! We guys will watch football in the fall all weekend, and you ladies can watch screaming girls for an hour on Wednesdays.
Timmers...out!
P.S. Why can't you learn how to smile with your eyes??
My favorite was watching you 'be' Tyra and act this out for me... filarious!
Hi Tiffany!
First, your blog is NEVER boring to me! I always get a great laugh or insight from reading what you write!
Wish I could have been there to see you act out the "Tyra moment" Jessi refers to in her comment! Bet it brought lots of laughs!
I also appreciate the comments you make on my blog!
You are such a day brightener!!!
Love Linda
Your problem with Tyra is that you have WAY too much substance to your life. "Frivolous-up" a little.
Now, think back to your not-so-recent modeling gig. Those wigs brought on some really productive comments. Yes, hard to keep inside, but comments non-the-less.
See? She just makes it look hard. Borrow those wigs again and go! (You may want to ask Timmers about how he deals with that nausea. Just to be on the safe side.)
My usual sound effect is "humph". Sometimes it's, "Well, I probably won't see anyone I know..."
Speaking for all of us babes who are lookin' to make that "statement" out in the world, THANKS FOR POSTING THESE HELPFUL TIDBITS! I don't think I could stomach watching the show, but it's good to know that you are there looking out for us.
Funny post.
XOXO
Leni
The sound I think a lot of people hear inside their heads is a train wreck before they walk out the door. Personally I hear the humming of a bakery shop making a cream filled donuts. It's a tough sound to replicate, but it creates a happy place for me.
In Tyra's next life I think she will be a boy where it's apparently okay to make those sound effects out loud. Many girls try, but they feel that then they need to illustrate them too with body movement...er, uh, Tiffany?
I think Tyra would be better on the radio. She'd look better.
Roger
This is hilarious Tiff. I have some mornings where I'm excited I may need to use the restroom...I think only those "post prego" can relate but it's something like..."YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!" XOXO
I also love the times where I look cute or amazing to myself in the mirror...the internal message there would not be appropriate for your blog.
LOVE IT!! We may need to post some of Miss J's "helpful hints" too :)
I cringed when I watched this show the other day and the girls' task was to poke their heads into life-size photos of Tyra Banks with her face removed from them, and to make the facial expression they thought that her body language was suggesting in the photo. Every single one was Zoolander. Why didn't they realize it? Surprised, sensual, scared, satisfied, whatever...it was all one look. So, when leaving for work in the morning, in addition to my sound effect, I have to imagine the expression on my face. Here's my expression: confused. Here's my sound effect: "Why haven't I won the lottery yet? I PLAYED it, once. Geesh."
Post a Comment