April 2, 2009

This One's for You, Dad!

My dad has always been a pretty die hard Cougar fan. No, he didn't go to WSU, but he still seems to bleed crimson. When I was applying for colleges, WSU was not on my list. It just didn't really seem like my cup of tea. But, my dad still insisted I apply, just in case I changed my mind. So I ended up becoming a Zag, and so did my dad. But I think he's still a cougar at heart. That's why I was pretty excited to tell him when I was accepted in the master's program at WSU. However, being at WSU in Spokane isn't the same as being in Pullman. Well, here's dad's wish come true (kind of)...

I'm getting my masters with four other ladies who teach in my district. I cannot say enough about these girls. I think we have all said that if it were not for the rest of our little group, we would have quit by now! Yesterday, we had to make a trip to Pullman to meet with our advisor. Why they didn't give us one in Spokane is beyond me, but it promised to be a fun road trip so off we went with Megan, a WSU alum, as our guide. Thank goodness she's not as much of a "lost little pup" in Pullman as she is in our classes! LOL!

The trip over was great. I think Angie enjoyed it the most. ;) Our advisor is awesome and I'm thrilled to be working with her. After the meeting we headed over to the football stadium to see the new bronze cougar Megan was dying to take a picture with. We made Emilie, ever the worry wort, park in a no-parking zone. She was convinced she needed to stay in the car or it was going to get towed.


We did get her out for one quick shot though!
Me, Angie, Megan, Emilie, and Jen

After our photo shoot, we headed to Sella's for lunch. My calzone was delicious!

When in Pullman...
side note: half of a calzone and a beer is NOT good fuel for a bike ride afterall!

After lunch, we went to the Daily Grind to get a peanut butter frost. Megan has been talking about these things ever since we found out we were going to Pullman. When we actually got them, she was a bit nervous she had talked them up too much, however, they were unreal. I don't like coffee, but I'd gladly down one of these every day! Here's Meg enjoying her's.

So there you have it. Dad, I went to Pullman and was on campus as a WSU student! Thanks for the fun trip ladies. "Secretly" I can't wait to do it again in June!

10 comments:

mmsnyder said...

I LOVE THIS POST!! And of course I loved our little trip to Pullman... and I also secretly can't wait to go back! :) So glad were all in this together!!!

Meg

Anonymous said...

T,Im glad you enjoyed your trip to WSU.Maybe now you can get that couger feeling I get when there is a touchdown or when WSU beats the Huskies in anything.Then again maybe not.I still love regardless. GO COUGS!!!LOVE DAD

Jen said...

What a great trip! Can't wait for June! :)
ps. I second the fact that a calzone is not a great thing to eat before a workout! Ugh!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Tiff!
I LOVED that comment from your Dad!! :)m How cute to see him comment on y our blog!

What a treat to do your masters program together with good buddies. I've gotten two masters degrees (and did each "solo"), worked while getting them, and thought I was about to die each time! It's so great when it is all OVER, and TONS of hard work!

I'm a Husky through and through, but I'm a Coug fan unless they are playing the purple and gold! Neat cougar statue though!

Love and hugs!
Linda

Emilie said...

I felt like such a lost little pup with no place to park! I can't wait for June...and that's not even a secret! Love the post:)
E

Trish said...

Leave it to you girls to make school SO fun! Love it! (And secretly, I am totally jealous that you get to go through it together! You girls are so lucky!)

Steve said...

Ole P-Town. Now you got to see where I spent 5 years of my life. I will have to say the next trip must include a stop at Cougar Country. I doubt that it is good before a workout too but it is Cougar Country and well worth it.

GO COUGS!!!

Carina said...

Yum! I miss Sellas!!! I was never a Cougar either, but spent countless weekends there. I think I had the most fun observing from the outside.

Congrats again on getting your Masters :)

Kim said...

And I would add you might need to do a "Coug Burger" and a tasty beverage. I bleed crimson... xoxo

Angie said...

I love going through this program with all you ladies. You're all one of a kind!