September 15, 2009

Props to My Creative Friends

Last Sunday, Trish, Megan, Emilie, Angie and I threw a baby shower for Jen. She is having a little girl and is due on October 8th - although you'd never guess it because she's still so tiny! Hope I look just like her when I'm pregnant! When the girls and I got together and started planning, I had no idea we were going to be throwing the cutest shower ever! Please keep in mind, I don't have a creative bone in my body, but some of my friends sure do! I think they deserve a blog post with some serious shout outs!

We looked at some cute invitations online, but didn't fall in love with any of them. Enter my friend, Darci. The girl is a Martha Stewart replica. Jen's baby bedding is pink and green with little elephants on it. I merely sent Darci a picture of the bedding and told her to do whatever she wanted with it for the invitations knowing full well the result would be amazing. Boy, was I right! How cute are these?!
So then I tell Darci we're going to be playing a little bingo game as Jen is opening gifts. Before I knew it, I had a set of the cutest bingo cards ever!
But Darci didn't stop there! That would be too easy! She then asked me what we were going to be serving. Clearly we were going to need labels for all of the food!
In the words of Rachel Zoe, I. DIE.

Up next came the thank you cards. Ridiculously adorable!
Now it's Emilie's turn. We decided we would do cupcakes instead of cake. I found a cute idea online for making baby rattle cupcakes. But that's all I did. Emilie brought them to life.
Cute as hell, right? Please be aware, these were not your normal, every day cupcakes. They had brownie batter on the bottom with the cake batter on top. The icing? Homemade by Em, of course. And here's the kicker: see those adorable pink elephant mints on top of the cupcakes? She freaking made those too! Are you kidding me?

Between Darci and Emilie, I thought I had died and gone to Heaven as a hostess! I wish so badly I could take credit for their creations! I couldn't help but think during the entire shower, "This must be what creative people feel like all the time when they host parties!"

I'm sure you're wondering about my contributions. Well, I offered up my house - no creativity needed there. Let's see...oh I arranged these flowers (that Em bought):
Oh yeah, I also made punch! At least it's pink and green! Give some some credit! ;)

Note to self: never plan a party without Darci and Emilie again! The best part of it all was celebrating such a sweet friend. Congrats, Jen! Can't wait to meet your little girl!

Can't tell she's due in less than a month, can you? ;)

8 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh!! Words cannot express how freaking amazing this shower was and how loved I felt!!

I have never been to a shower with such cute invitations, games, food labels (I didn't even know people did that), and cardboard cut-outs! :)

Thank you, thank you to the MC and Trish for such an awesome shower!!! I love you all dearly!!!

Keith and Meghan said...

WOW! Great job, your house looks really nice :) and I want to meet your friend Darci...I might be in love.

shelly said...

How cute! What thoughtful friends! Love the baby rattle cupcakes. Very creative.

love love love you.

Emilie said...

Tiffany-your punch was delish! Your flowers were fabulous, and your home was perfect! Glad the cupcakes turned out-They were "secretly" fun to make:)

Kim said...

Have to say, just divine! Loves to you miss hostess. So fun to see your abode as well!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany that was so so cute. You all did such a good job. Jen looks so tiny but really cute. Great job to everyone. love you Mom

Carina said...

You should submit the shower and pictures that YOU and Darci and Emilie hosted to the Totally Tabletops blog to be featured.

Also, take credit for the fact that you are sharing this party and ideas with the rest of the world so that we may try to duplicate them in the future. For this, I thank you :D

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun.
Sorry I missed it.
Leni