April 5, 2010

Last Name: Ever. First Name: Greatest.

It's true. This blog post is full of explicit lyrics. Don't read on if you're offended by rap music (or at least don't watch the videos)!

At about 2am on Saturday, March 27th, we were all headed home after a night of celebrating our dear friend, Rory, who killed it in the NCAA Division III National Championships in breaststroke. Drake's "I Want This Forever" came on and I mentioned how much I wished I had the Eminem verse memorized. And then it happened, the champ, himself, challenged me to a rap off. Not just of Eminem's verse, but of the entire song. If you're not familiar with this song, it consists of four verses, each rapped by a different rapper. It would be no small feat to memorize it. I of course responded with, "Bring it on!"

We decided the rap off would take place today, Monday April 5th. We knew we would be seeing each other at swim practice at 5:30am in the morning and, seeing as we are SO hard core, we figured it would be the perfect setting for a rap off. The initial plan was to do it on the blocks because Rory claimed he could "bump the music in there!" Fast forward to this morning and Rory is running around with some tiny computer speakers. This simply would not do. The rap off was immediately moved to Jessi's car.

So, me, Rory, Eric, Jessi, Steve, and Nate all bundled back up after stripping down to our swim suits and ran for the door. Our swim coach, Kevin, had no clue what was going on since he had just told us to get in the pool for our warm up. We simply explained we had a rap off to attend to - obvi!

Once we got in the car, Rory pointed out that "these are the types of things that happen while the rest of the world sleeps!" That's right. While you all are sleeping in, white people around the nation are having rap offs in cars in the parking lots of Christian University campuses!

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous. Rory and I talked a lot of shit in the days leading up to this. This guy doesn't mess around. He is by far one of the most hard-working, determined human beings I know. I knew that messing up, even once, was not going to be an option.

So, off we went. True to form, my girl was there to film the entire thing. Enjoy! (Be sure to stop my music on the playlist on the right.)














So there you have it. I didn't mess up. NOT. ONCE.
Last name: Ever. First name: Greatest.

8 comments:

Steve said...

Wouldn't have missed it. That was perfect and of course 'We as Americans' win rap offs.

Way to go A+. It was awesome!!!

jessithompson said...

Ummmm... this was the greatest swim practice in the face of the universe. I'm pretty sure that every morning will be let down after this.

This is one of 'those' moments that goes down in history as unforgettable. I wouldn't have missed you KILLING EVERY. SINGLE. FWORD. for the world. Are you kidding me?!

And to Glory's credit, he came ready to GO, just not sure if he knew his competition would come ready to KILL. LOL times a babillion!

Although these videos are priceless and clearly demonstrate your victory, selfishly I flove them because I can't help but watch them and piss my pants.

Fawesome.

Love you my golden chocolate oreo HO!

mmsnyder said...

That's just impressive girl!

Nat said...

Greg and I just watched your vids, so friggin' funny! Not surprised you won, but impressed nonetheless. You one fast rappin' biotch!!!

Jen said...

UNBELIEVABLE! Nick and I LOVED reading this post and can I just say...Tiff, you're A.MAZ.ING!!!!

Each video gets better and better!!!

Congrats on your victory! :)

Anonymous said...

I had to suppress the jiggling of my back while laughing at this event! Truly fantastic, and so close! Rory better be wary if you choose to take on breast stroke racing for a project, T-byrd -- you truly rock!

Tim

Keith and Meghan said...

Clearly you are awesome...but the very best part for me was most certainly the sweatshirts you are both wearing. PERFECT rapper attire. In fact, you should consider sending Eminem a Brentwood sweatshirt to go over his wife beater.It would probably increase his credibility as a rapper.

Anonymous said...

You are my hero!
After that your Master Degree will be a snap.
Mild mannered teacher by day and hardass rapper by night.
Yowzah!!
Leni