Every Friday at master's swim at Whitworth is referred to as "Friday Fun Day." I think the only person who really sees it as fun is our coach, Kevin, because he likes to torture us. However, Jessi and I decided we really would make this Friday a fun one. We started out by hopping in a lane with
Rory Buck. This is fun because try as we may, there is no way we can keep up with him. Not even for 1 length of the pool! What the Buck, right? Seriously, this guy can swim! Here we are chillin' in our lane. I went for the "do something silly" strategy because I can't compete with Rory's rippling muscles!

Hey guuuurl!

Most Fridays consist of us doing a set with fins. As of late, this has not been fun for me because my shin hurts when I wear them, so I just have to swim my ass off to try and keep up with the other people who are swimming like fish in our lane. After that, we usually do cords. Cords are bungie cords attached to the blocks. You strap them around your waist and see if you can make it to the other side of the pool with the resistance from the cord pulling you back. It's tough! The cords are color coded. I can make it to the other end with the yellow cord, so my new challenge is the green cord. I certainly can't make it all the way to the other end of the pool with this baby strapped to me, but I am making progress. I'm pretty sure I'd pee my pants (or suit) in the pool if I ever made it! Here I am swimming with all my might trying to make it as far as I can before passing out. Note the bubbles at my feet. A good kick is essential to these things!

Since Jessi, Steve, and I have decided it's "The Year of the Breast" (breaststroke for those of you with your minds in the gutter), we throw in a breaststroke with cords every now and again too. Believe it or not, it's actually easier than free style! Here I am nearing the wall at the end of my breaststroke. I can't believe how hot I look when I'm swimming. Seriously!

Up next, we head to the racks. Again, you are strapped to a cord, only this time, it's attached to weights. The goal is to swim for no more or less than 8 seconds before the weights reach the top of the machine and stop you dead in your tracks. With 1 weight, I'm too fast, and with the other, I'm too slow. Perfect! As Kevin pointed out today, there is no happy medium for me!

Only 4 more weeks of getting up at 5am to swim and then heading to work. After that, it'll be time to head to Starbucks after the swim, go home and take a nap, and then get my tan on! Summer can't come soon enough!
Thanks to Jessi and Steve for the awesome pics!
8 comments:
Are you still doing those marathons? I like your new suit...and the flowers. You guys have too much fun swimming. I almost wish I was there...then I think about getting in the water, and I decide not to. I think I should fill in when Kevin decides he's not going to show up.
Yet another fun day at the pool. Nice work on the breaststroke and kicking some serious butt on the green cords. Those things are TOUGH!!!
Loved reading about your workout! Um, everything sounds SO hard! :) Way to go, lady! Oh, how I wish I could swim like you!!
Fun to see you today! Mia said she loves you too!
I love this post! Swimming at masters is challenging, but with times like Fun Fridays it is worth it. You are an animal in the water and I wanna grow up to swim just like you :)
Tiff, fight like a girl is an understatement with you ladies! Swimming with a bungee cord attached to you, are you kidding? That is amazing! Nice work darlin! Miss ya!
Honey, let's face it you look hot anywhere you go, but you're right about being smokin' in that pool!
I remember when we started this triathlon insanity. You were always great at the swim, but could you have EVER believed that you'd be swimming with bungee chords holding you back!? Jeez, we thought we might drown after one stinkin' lap!
You go, girl!!!
XXOO
Leni
I flove swimming with you. I cannot WAIT to take our butts to Starbucks after a morning swim to signify the start of summer. Then we will promptly get our PF Chang's to the poolside to get those tans on. Love you times a cadillion, ho! XOXO
Hi Honey You look great in the pool. Really cute suit. Can't wait until summer so I can try to go swimming in the pool. Love you Lots Mom
Post a Comment