May 11, 2010

You Gotta Tri This!

Since a good old stress fracture in my shin came on, there has been no running. Biking? I can't seem to find much motivation, so it's been very hit and miss. Swimming is different. I've actually been pretty consistent with it. I think it's a combination of the fact that it is BY FAR my favorite of the 3 sports in triathlon, and the fact that I go to a planned master's swim which Jessi and I are really good at holding one another accountable for.

As a result of more swimming than anything, my hair and skin need some extra TLC. I have been using Malibu shampoo for the past couple of years and was pretty happy with it. The only problem is that I hate the conditioner. It is so watered down that I have to use half the bottle to get my tangles out. As a result, I was just using regular conditioner. Probably not the best bet for my hair.

Enter Tri Swim. I just started using this stuff at Jessi's recommendation. The verdict? I love it! All of the products have a really light citrus scent (guys, don't be scared to use this, it's not girly at all!). The shampoo and conditioner both wash clean, no residue. And don't worry, they are safe to use on color-treated hair, which is a good thing since I just got my hair highlighted.
Then onto the body wash. I have been using Dermalogica body wash. Even though it's expensive, I use it because I know it gives my skin back the moisture it needs. However, it's not formulated to actually remove chlorine from your skin. Tri Swim is! L.O.V.E!

I think my favorite part of this set is the lotion. The worst thing about swimming is getting out of the pool and feeling like your skin is crawling all day! This lotion is awesome! I haven't had that itchy feeling once since I put it on this morning. It smells great and made my skin SO smooth. The best part about it is that a little bit goes a LONG way, as in, the size of pump I use for my arms only with my regular lotion was enough for my arms and entire front of my torso! For me, that is priceless in a lotion!

No, I'm not sponsored by Tri Swim. I'm just excited about what it's doing for my hair and skin and thought I'd pay it forward. Give it a try! You can even order little 8 oz "shot bottles" to see what you think. You might as well order a regular-sized bottle, though, 'cause you're gonna love it - even if you're not a triathlete!

3 comments:

Roger Thompson said...

Where can I buy this? I can't believe how great it is!

Sure beats shaving my head I guess.

I have to say I love it too. Good stuff.

jessithompson said...

Flove. Especially love how Emma asks me to smell her hair every other second...lol. No surprise that you love it too!

Carina said...

I'm going to need this since I'm such a super swimmer in the summer. The ladies in my slow lane will be so jealous of my non-green tinted hair.

Thanks for sharing!

P.s. my word verification for this comment was nacho. Not sure why, but I find it funny.