June 28, 2010

You've Just Been Ninjaed!

I'm not sure what part of Ironman I like more: cheering, or decorating the night before. This year, Steve was going out for round 2 of self torture. That meant we would be decorating the crap out of his house. This year, we had a new trick up our sleeves: access to the inside of the house via Steve's roommates. This added a whole new aspect to the decorating!

We met up at the Thompson's house at 8:30. We showed up as civilians, but when we walked out of the house, we were ninjas!


Since this was Emma's first time pre-race decorating, we stressed the importance of being "ninja" and not making a peep that might wake Steve up. Emma took this mission very seriously. I think my favorite quote of the night was when she said, "I'm going to be so quiet. Seriously. Like if I make one noise, I'll punch myself in the face!" You don't get much more ninja than that!

These ninjas did not disappoint! Below is our handiwork.

Dear Steve,
You've just been ninjaed!

8 comments:

Emilie said...

LOVE IT!

Steve said...

You guys are the absolute BEST!!! Honestly one of my favorite parts of doing these races is waking up and getting to see the handy work of the best friends EVER and you all did not disappoint!

Thank you so much for taking the time to not only come over and decorate the house but coming out to the race and spending the entire day helping me finish.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

PS- Emma's comment is the most hilarious line EVER!!!

Michael W. Bergquist said...

Hillarious. Love it.

jessithompson said...

I'm sorry, but those Civilian/Ninja pictures are frikkin' hilarious. I die. Another favorite moment was decorating in the bathroom and having a few "NOT NINJA" moments... lol times a million.

I love that not one person in this group even batted an eye when we decided this mission must be done "ninja style".

Love you - thanks for takin' pics. Just one more memory for the books... too too funny.

Angie said...

That is SO funny! Nice job ninjaing!! I love the ninja outfits!! Emma is so adorable!!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Tiff!
OK...I cannot stop laughing at these pictures and Emma's comment about punching herself in the face.:) You guys are such a hoot!

Steve is SO blessed to have all of you as his buddies and "Show up" team!

Thanks too for putting on such a great birthday bash for Jessi! :)
You ROCK!

Love Linda

Anonymous said...

Tiffany The was pictures were really good. Steve is really lucky to have such great freinds. All of you look great and Emma is so so cute. Love you Mom

Jen said...

Love Emma's quote! :)
Looks like so much fun!

Fun to see you today! Miss you!