December 16, 2010

Little Smarty Pants

Well, I have come to the conclusion that Aiden is going to be one of the smartest babies ever born! Why? Because my brain simply DOES NOT work! I can only assume this is because Aiden's brain is growing at a rapid rate and sucking all of mine right out of me! I so vividly remember when my friend, Andrea, was pregnant with my precious goddaughter, Julia, and I watched this happen to her. Ever the supportive friend, I made fun of her endlessly. I have to admit, it's funny to watch someone else lose their mind! Good old Karma...now it's my turn.

Here are just a few examples:

The other day I was adding 2 + 0 + 0 + 0 in front of my 4th graders. My answer? Zero of course! One of my students sweetly corrected me. I mean seriously, there are 4 numbers to add there! How can you expect me to remember the 2 at the beginning? That's asking a bit much!

No matter how hard I try, I cannot keep anything in my hands. Taking lids off of things is ridiculous. I might as well just throw them on the floor, because that's where they always end up anyway! The real kicker is that bending over is like a full-fledged workout these days! I'm sure you can all hear me grunting from a mile away!

Very rarely do I actually know what day it is any more. I told my principal that my grade level always meets at lunch on Wednesdays. Um, yeah...it's actually on Tuesdays, just like it has been for the last two years! I also had dinner plans with Katey and Robin last week on Thursday. So I emailed them on Wednesday and told them I was excited to see them that evening! When Robin emailed back to clarify that we were actually meeting on Thursday, I wrote back, "Yes. Dinner is on Sunday." She thought I was trying to be funny. The truth is, I had no idea I wrote that until she told me!

So if you talk to me lately and I say something that makes no sense, or if I have forgotten something, please don't hesitate to remind me! Thank god for Google Calendar or there is no way I'd ever be anywhere I'm supposed to be!

Regardless of the fact that I've lost it, I am still really enjoying being pregnant. Here are my 28 week belly shots. In the past two weeks, Aiden has become very active and I LOVE it...minus the two times he woke me up at 4:30 because he was getting a little swim in before the day started. ;)

I'm starting to feel really anxious to meet our son, but at the same time, I certainly don't want him coming out any time soon. I'm so grateful for each day that passes as it is one more day that Aiden spends growing and developing.

One last picture of Katey (29 weeks), me (28 weeks), Andrea (16 weeks), and Robin (31 weeks). I cannot wait to line our babies up and take the same picture next year!

4 comments:

Jen said...

You look beautiful (as do all the other ladies)! Your pregnancy brain stories are hilarious! Merry Christmas!!

annie said...

You look so great Tiff!!! Wish we could bump bellies! I love the pic of the 4 of you gals. So fun!!! Merry Christmas! xo

Emilie said...

I love the stories-I can totally relate. You look FABULOUS! I LOVE the picture of the 4 of you together, too. You all look great!!!

Anonymous said...

You really look cute. We can not wait to meet our little grandson. you all are so cute. Love you mom