March 21, 2012

1 Year Old!

What a year it has been! I cannot believe it has already been 365 days since I laid eyes on our little muffin and held him for the first time! Watching Aiden grow, explore, and learn has made this the best year of our lives. At one year, Aiden weighs 20 lbs 13 oz, and is 31 inches long.

Grow Bear Pictures




I love the last picture because it encapsulates Aiden perfectly. He is the most cuddly, snuggly baby I've ever met, which makes me very happy! Any time he is handed a stuffed animal, he will give it a big hug and some pats on the back. He even hugs his sippy cup, or his container of puffs! Most of the time, he will give kisses on demand, too. He's such a little love bug.

This past month, Aiden has really developed in his talking. He has gotten pretty good at mimicking what we say. He has mimicked cup (tupi), sock (sk), and boat (bt), just to name a few. As for words he actually knows and will say without us saying them first, he says "mow mow" for the sound a cat makes and will also make an elephant noise. He also says "mum mum" which is his all time favorite snack. When I ask him if he would like a Mum Mum, he immediately crawls to the cupboard, saying "mum mum mum mum" the entire time. He also says "bay" whenever he sees a picture of a baby, himself included!

Aiden still loves to be ticked and is especially ticklish under his arm pits and on the insides of his chubby little thighs. He loves playing peek-a-boo, especially with grandma. When asked where his head is, he will grab it with both hands with a huge smile on his face. When asked, "How big is Aiden?" he will throw his hands up in the air and wait for us to say, "So big!" Aiden's babysitter, Molly, also taught him how to give a high five this month. Aiden adores Molly and cries when she leaves after playing with him on Sunday mornings. 

Much to my surprise, Aiden ditched the army crawl this month and started crawling on all fours! I think he finally realized that it was much faster that way! He continues to pull himself up onto the furniture and walk around it, so I'm sure walking is right around the corner!

I'm so looking forward to what the next year has in store for Aiden. We love him so much and cannot imagine life without him!




3 comments:

Emilie said...

I think listening to your son begin to talk is one of the most AMAZING and rewarding things. So much fun!

jessithompson said...

Aiden IS so big! We love him so very much and have loved sharing the last 12 months with him. He has an incredibly sweet spirit! Can't wait for the next 12 months! xxoo

Anonymous said...

Our little Grandson He is the Most lovable little baby ever. We love him so very much and love taking care of him everyday. So very special Thank you for giving us a perfect Grandson. Love you very much Mom