His newest development is moving into a toddler bed. Aiden used to go down for naps and bedtime without a peep. One day, that all changed! He DID NOT want to take his nap, so much so that he actually climbed out of his crib! I'm not sure how he did it, since when I put him back in and asked him to show me how he got out, he wouldn't do it. Either way, we knew we had no choice but to convert his bed. If he can get out of it, at least he can get back in it!
Aiden was very excited about his new bed, and requests that we play "night-night" about a million times a day. However, when it's actually time to go night-night, he's not quite as excited about it. It is a must that either Eric or I lay down with him, and if it's during a nap, he has to be completely asleep before we can sneak out of the room. At night, as long as I lay with him for about 10 minutes, he'll usually say, "Night-night, mama" and give me a kiss when I get up to leave. There were a few nights where he got out of bed in the middle of the night and came into our room, so we had to start shutting his door since he hasn't figured out how to turn the doorknob yet. After a couple nights of waking up and pounding on the door and yelling for mama and dada (so sad!) he finally started sleeping through the night again. However, just last night he woke up twice in the middle of the night and refused to take a nap for grandma today. I'm really hoping this just a phase that will soon pass!
Aiden also loves to pretend he's doing "naybup" (make up). Since he watches me put it on so often, he usually requests a sponge of his own and rubs it all over himself.
Aiden's new favorite show is hands-down "Blue Clue." During the theme song, he will shout out "clue!" and "notebook!" So cute!
Aiden is still a talker and his vocabulary continues to grow on a daily basis. When we ask him to clean up, he will sing, "Tean up, tean up" (something he learned at daycare). He will also say, "Sorry, mama" while pushing me out of his way. I think he has "sorry" confused with "excuse me!" One of my favorite things he says right now is, "I need help!" He says it whenever he is stuck somewhere and he says it so clearly that I laugh every time. He also loves to shout words of caution to people as they leave our house. He will stand on the doorstep and yell, "NO FALL DOWN! IT'S SLIPPERY! IT'S DARK! BE CAREFUL!" It's a riot! Another one of Aiden's favorite phrases is, "One minute!" This means, "One more time!"
Aiden has started preferring showers over baths and will run to the bathroom saying, "Showie time, showie time! Ooooh hoooo!" So adorable. He always tries to go pee pee before he gets in the shower. Sometimes he goes, and sometimes he doesn't. We're not pushing the potty training at this point because I don't think he's quite ready just yet.
Aiden is absolutely obsessed with his "peenie." So much so that I had to start putting him in onesies during the day and at night because he was pulling it out of his diaper everywhere! Just a bit inappropriate!
Aiden absolutely loves farm animals of any kind, but his favorite are "tows" (cows) and horses. He also really likes "pids" (pigs). He requests that we sing "O A-Don-o" (Old McDonald) all the time, and he always has a cow on the farm, not matter how many verses we have done!
Aiden has really started to like coloring lately, although I have to keep the crayons out of his reach. One day I found him in his playroom coloring on all of his puzzles. Thank goodness I found him before he realized he could color on the walls!
Aiden always counts as we are going down the stairs. Most of the time it is hit and miss, but he knows numbers all the way up to thirteen and can count from one to eight correctly, though he does it very rarely.
Aiden still strives to be just like daddy. He has a pliable measuring tape that he puts around his neck and calls his "tie." Then he picks up a little cooler and calls it his "mailbox" (lunchbox) and will say, "Bye!" and we have to wave goodbye and tell him to have a good day. A few minutes later, he will walk back into the room saying, "I'm home!" and we'll ask him how his day ways. So stinkin' cute!
Aiden battled another cold this season. It hung on for two miserable weeks.
He was happy to share it with Uncle Nick while he was visiting!
When he was finally better, he got to have his first real play time in the snow and he LOVED it!
We continue to have weekly breakfasts with Nana and Papa. We all look forward to this quality time together every week. Aiden is very smitten with his papa these days!
Aiden has also been overjoyed to have Emma babysit him lately. He is absolutely smitten with her and she is the most amazing babysitter EVER! We are so lucky to have her!
Hanging with his cousins, Shalini and Kateri!
Just being a goof ball!
The other night, Aiden got a bunch of blankets and instructed us to lay one the couch with him saying, "Family!" Have I mentioned how much I love this kid?







1 comment:
I love that little baby doll so much. Hes growing up to soon.. Love when he talks all the time and its soso cute. You guys guys are doing a wonderful job.. So proud of you too. LOve mom
Post a Comment