December 2, 2007

Princess Wishes

On Friday night, Eric and I took Delaney, our niece and goddaughter, and Julia, my goddaughter, to Disney on Ice. This has been a tradition for Julia and I for the last 3 years and this year we were lucky enough to have Eric and Delaney join us. When Julia heard that the theme was "Princess Wishes" she immediately decided she would wear a princess dress to the show. Delaney thought it was a great idea too! They were too cute for words.

We started out the night at Red Robin for some dinner and delicious milk shakes.

Uncle Eric and Delaney playing with her balloon.

We heard that if we arrived an hour early, the girls could meet a princess. Obviously, this was a necessity! Here are the girls waiting in line. They were so cute, holding hands, dancing around, and singing princess songs together.


Here are the girls in front of their matching dresses. Julia was Snow White and Delaney was Cinderella.

When we finally made it to the princess, we were a bit disappointed that it wasn't a princess from an actual movie. It was still fun to watch the girls though. Julia ran right up to have her picture taken. Delaney wasn't so sure about the whole thing.

The show was amazing. We were only 5 rows away from the ice and the girls didn't move a muscle once it started.

Our favorite prince and princess were Eric and Ariel, mostly because Eric was about 6'5" and about 280 pounds. Ariel was pretty tiny so he was able to do some pretty amazing lifts with her.
Another highlight was when the dragon from Sleeping Beauty came out and blew fire onto the ice! We could feel the heat from it in our seats!

The show ended in true Disney style with a huge finale. All of the princes and princesses were on the ice as well as Tinkerbell, Mickey and Minnie, and fireworks. We had so much fun! Merry Christmas to my sweet little goddaughters!

7 comments:

jessithompson said...

Great minds think alike... :) This was such a fun treat - we really enjoyed the show too! What a special treat to spoil the little princesses in your life with such a special day!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Tiffany-
Oh my gosh...I LOVE the details in this post! How fun that your princesses dressed up for the event!!!

I LOVE doing things like this! What a great tradition for them and for you! Memory makers!!!

I'm never too old for a great Disney movie or live production!! I've watched those princess movies over and over with Emma, Kayla, and Jacob! They are treasures!

Love and holiday cheer to you!
Love Linda

Jen said...

So darn cute! What a great tradition! I love the pictures of Erik and Delany playing with the balloon!

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, You and Eric are so darn cute. Julia and Delany so so cute. It looked like you guys had alot of fun. The music was great too. The picture of you and Eric and the girls was so darling. Love you Momfe

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking me to disney on ice! That was the bestest christmas you took me and Delaney to. It was very fun with Delaney and Uncle Eric. I love you my godmother!-Julia

LORIE said...

Can I be a neice or god daughter?

LORIE said...

Can I be a neice or god daughter?