I ran on the south hill because we had brunch at my parents' house today. Below is the amazing spread I walked in to after my run. You would have thought it was Easter! But no, it was just a typical day at the Marsh home where my parents go out of their way for their kids. Thanks for such a sweet reward after my long run mom and dad!
February 24, 2008
A First for Me
Today I had a long run on my schedule and for the first time, I was actually excited to run! I don't know why. The weather definitely wasn't as nice as it has been lately. It was cloudy, the roads were muddy and wet, and there was a constant drizzle. I think it was because in the back of my head, I knew that if I kept my pace up, I would run my farthest distance yet. It was great motivation for me. Imagine my surprise when Eric and I got in the car to measure the distance and it was farther than I expected it to be! The farthest I have ever run is Bloomsday, which is 7.46 miles. Today, I ran 7.8 miles! Not much farther than Bloomsday, I know, but it's still farther! Since I have never considered myself a runner, or even enjoyed running, I am beaming with pride in this achievement.

I ran on the south hill because we had brunch at my parents' house today. Below is the amazing spread I walked in to after my run. You would have thought it was Easter! But no, it was just a typical day at the Marsh home where my parents go out of their way for their kids. Thanks for such a sweet reward after my long run mom and dad!
I ran on the south hill because we had brunch at my parents' house today. Below is the amazing spread I walked in to after my run. You would have thought it was Easter! But no, it was just a typical day at the Marsh home where my parents go out of their way for their kids. Thanks for such a sweet reward after my long run mom and dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Okay, first of all - you should be proud. You are hard core, that is a long way, and you were actually looking forward to running outside - Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!
I'm proud of you. Love the pic too.
And then there's the brunch. I'm getting hungry just looking at the picture. Man, that looks delicious! Your mom knows my number, right? ;) I love that your family still gets together for a Sunday meal - what a special tradition.
Tiffany-
You rock!! I LOVE that you got out there and ran the farthest distance ever!! That is a huge accomplishment!
And on top of that...you looked forward to running! :) How inspiring!
I really am beginning to think that so much of this "exercise battle" is won by working on my thinking and attitude! I just came back from a "fast walk" in the rain and am getting ready to go to school! One little voice said, "Oh...just stay in and stay warm :)"...but the other voice, the one I listened to said, "Are you a wimp? I don't think so!! Get out there and just DO IT!!!"
I am really proud of you! You inspire me!And what a feast to come back to!
Love Linda
I am SO proud of you! I remember talking to you about running last year and you definitely weren't excited about it! :)
Love you!
You are so amazing! I am so freakin' proud of you for doing your long run outside! You rocked it girl :) Remember our new motto: I didn't think I could do it, then I tried...and I did! (That WAS our new motto, right!?!)
XOXO
Hi, Tiffany We are so very proud of you running so far. We can't believe you are running and swimming and biking can't wait to see you on your first race.I love having you guys up on Sundays it makes my week goes faster knowning I get to see my Daughters and Eric and Matt. You work so hard take some time to rest alittle ok ok... Love so much Tiffany. Love mom and Dad..
Here is the better version of our new motto: I didn't think I could, then I tried...and I did. Any adjustments on your end? I think it should go on a shirt :) Jen is already requesting one! See you tomorrow! XOXO
Thanks for the post and I also agree if you read a blog you mist post. Great work on the run. I was in your position a few years ago and I know how it feels to start to enjoy those running workouts. You did awesome for running that far and can't wait to see how it translates into the season. I had my first long run on Monday and I too was excited to get out and enjoyed the run.
Post a Comment