February 17, 2008

My Weekend

On Friday night, the girls went out to celebrate Andrea's birthday which is tomorrow. We went to PF Chang's. It was delicious, as always. If you haven't tried their lettuce wraps, you are really missing out!


For dessert, we had these little "shots." They are a great idea for those of us who just want "a couple bites" of desert. Unfortunately, they weren't incredibly good. They're sure cute though, huh?


Andrea also got a free dessert for her birthday. Fried bananas and coconut ice cream. Why does everything taste so much better fried? Just because it couldn't be worse for us?

Afterward, we met up with the boys as The Steelhead for some drinks. Pictured below is me, Andrea, Robin, and Darci. The four of us have been friends since high school. Darci and Robin just recently moved back to Spokane. Slowly but surely, they all trickle back!

Katey and Eric


On Saturday, Eric and I picked up our niece, Delaney, and took her to Bee Movie. Afterward, we went to Red Robin for lunch. Here is Delaney focusing very hard on her coloring. This was the only picture she would let me take of her and she certainly was not going to smile for me! She is so freakin' cute it kills me! At the movie, I got a little glimpse of what kind of a dad Eric is going to be if we have a daughter some day. Delaney asked for popcorn and I said, "I don't think we're going to get popcorn today." With a sly little smile on her face, she said, "I do!" Right away, Eric said, "Ok, well Auntie Tiff will go get you some then." He told me he just couldn't say no to that little face. Looks like our daughters will have the same kind of relationship with Eric that I had with my dad! :)


I spent a good amout of my time training this weekend. Jessi and I decided to try upping my training time for a couple of weeks to see how I like it. I'm not usually one to toot my own horn in triathlon since I am humbled daily by all of the triathletes I hang out with, but I'm pretty damn proud of myself this week. I did not skip a single work out, which was tough. Yesterday I had an hour and a half ride followed by a 20 minute run. Of course, the GU game was on right in the middle of it which meant everyone was headed to a bar. I made the decision to stay at home and get my work out in and was really proud of myself. Unfortunately, it wasn't the best work out ever. I did not fuel my body properly and I suffered because of it.

Today I had a swim and an hour run. I was worried that since my work out sucked yesterday, it would be bad today. I went to swim this morning with Tri Fusion. I love these swims because of how hard they push me. I swam in the "fast lane" and didn't have to sit out any of the 3600 yards we swam. The best part was that I felt strong. It was a great swim with some great people!


I ran this afternoon on the Centennial Trail. It was gorgeous outside and there were a ton of people on the trail which was nice. My legs were definitely tired from yesterday. I was really happy to have my heart rate monitor to keep my pace up. It actually went by really fast. Some great music got me through it and I felt really good. I'm scared to see what Jessi has in store for me next week, but for now, I'm incredibly proud of myself. If someone would have told me a year and a half ago, that this is what I would be doing, I wouldn't have believed them!

12 comments:

jessithompson said...

Okay, you maybe need to put each of these in different posts so I can comment on each thing...

1) Andrea's Birthday: Fun! Haven't been to PF Chang's yet in Spokane, but looks like you guys had a great time. Cute bunch of blondies!

2) Delaney: CUTE! I think it's adorable that you do so much for the special children in your life. They are so lucky to have you and you and Eric will be great parents!

3)Training: Well, it's about damn time you tooted your own horn since you are freakin' amazing and a rock star in my book. I'm impressed by the drive that you have and how hard you can push yourself for being such a wuss ;) Truly, I am so proud of you and love getting to work out with your hot self and rippling muscles.

It's going to be a great season for you and you will reap the rewards of all of hard work. Not only that but you'll be sporting your hot bikini bod all summer long. There has to be some added benefit for our months of strength training, right? ;)

By the way, when you talk about stepping up your training, most people don't have a clue how much training you did last week... like over 9 hours!!! Whaaaaaaat?!

I love you and am proud of you beyond words.

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Tiffany!

First, you are a holiday girl after my own heart! Love the new look of your blog and the St. Patrick's Day theme!

Second, thank you for inspiring me with your push with exercise!
Your training schedule sounds amazing, and I am SO proud of you for really stepping up to meet your goals!

And third, I can see how easy it would be to downplay your success when you compare yourself to the likes of Jessi and Rog. I know that when I started to walk "blocks" I almost felt silly reporting on it compared to a "real athlete" running miles and miles. But success is individual and shouting it out is "naming and claiming" the truth about who you are and what you have done! So for those of us who are novices compared to YOU...you inspire us! Keep us posted!

And finally...that little Delaney is one cute muffin! I can see why she would wrap Eric around her little finger! She is blessed to have you both in her life!

Hugs and blessings!
Love Linda

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't comment on my absence from this weekends festivities due to the little present I brought home from Belize...my new little friends are upset they weren't mentioned either. It would have been a perfect opportunity to gross out the blogging world!!

TT

Roger Thompson said...

Welcome to the girls with straight blond/brown hair group. Is this a sorority picture, or do you all still call one another to see what you are going to wear. Were the bathrooms big enough for all of you to go at the same time? Did you guys accidentally grab the wrong purses at the end of the night since they all looked the same? I bet it was easy for the waiter since I bet you all ordered the same thing. Someone needs to get a tan, or cut their hair, or get a perm, or cut their bangs... something. But then they would have to hang out with a totally different group... otherwise known as the 'not as cool' group. The bonus is that my wife looks the same too and you guys are all pretty hot... at least in the photo.

I think I made that exact same dessert in 4th grade... graham crackers and a little Bill Cosby Jell-O pudding.

Okay, enough sappy support. You're a gift to my life, a blessing to my heart, and such a prayer answered... blah, blah, blah

Anonymous said...

little does this man know that we totally are our own sorority..duh!
good post and great job w/ all your training stuff too! i'll remind myself to never come near you this summer while we're both in our swimsuits!
Love you,
Bubba

Anonymous said...

Shit Lady,
Your swimsuit really is pink. You could have mine since I never use it:) You are going to rock this race season. Now you can finish and come back out and run me in. At the rate you are training you are going to kick my butt and I couldn't be more proud of you.

Amy Byrd said...

Tiff,
Cute pics. Way to go on the training! I am glad I'm family, cause I don't know I would be allowed in the blond group of friends. What foxy ladies! Glad you had a fun day with Laney Jo!
Bebe

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you lived your 4-day weekend to the fullest! And I am SO SO SO proud of you for doing all of your work outs! You and I are both stepping up our routines lately and we will both reap the benefits for many days to come! You inspire me and encourage me every day! Love you!

Phaedra Cote said...

Wow Tiff, I am impressed! You already kick my butt in the pool and now you're stepping it up in every discipline. You have a lot to be proud of. I was impressed with your pace the other night at the headlamp run, you definitely weren't running slow.

ROCK ON CHICA!

XO,
Phaedra.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are amazing!! You have every right to be proud of yourself.
Rog has a point. Is there some kind of criteria list that must be met in order to "join" the sistas?
That banana and coconut ice cream dessert is one of the best things ON THE PLANET.
Looks like you had QUITE a weekend.
XXOO
Leni

Anonymous said...

Cute post Tiff, would you send all the pics you took of my bday to me?

Kim said...

Tbyrd- you are a rock star. Thanks for the update...about everything! I can't believe your workouts--are you sure you're not doing Iron MAN?
People are talking about you and your swimming...and it's all good. Keep up the amazing work.
Love ya