Yesterday, AFTER contracted hours, of course, Jessi, Trish and I were sitting in Jessi's room chatting. I was playing with a tennis ball and mentioned how horrible my aim is - just as bad as my sense of direction. Jessi claimed that hers was horrible too so of course, we had to have a contest! Jessi chose the target. The bottom left vent on one of her closet doors.
At one point, Jessi made a kind of skip before she threw the ball. I was cracking up and said, "Maybe we should start taking a running start!" I was kidding, but Jessi took me seriously. She took a huge running start. I thought she was just faking it because she was going so hard, but she actually let the ball go. It was so unexpected that I fell to the floor laughing as the ball flew off the wall clear over to the other side of the room. It was one of those laughs where you feel like someone has punched you in the stomach and you can't breathe. I don't remember the last time I laughed like that. I wish you all could have seen the way Jessi threw the ball. I'm laughing right now just thinking about it. I know this is one of those "you had to be there" stories, but I couldn't help but post it. By the end of all of this, I had tears streaming down my face. If you look at the bottom of my cheek, you can see the tear about to drip.
For the record, I did aim for the "T" on Jessi's alphabet chart and made it my first time. However, Roger, who obviously joined in on the fun, said it didn't count since I didn't call it before I threw it. Whatever!!!
Another great day at work...
7 comments:
I love it down in the 'hood'! Thanks for always keeping me laughing... xoxo
You guys are hilarious. I can just see you all practicing between every class.
Whoever said school isn't fun must not be a teacher ... at your school. Anyhow, I enjoy the laugh that your blog so often provides. In my job, we have a pretty good laugh at people with poor aim. One guy is such a bad shot that he'd have a better chance hitting the target if he threw his pistol. Fifteen shots, zero hits, plenty of laughs.
I started smiling just thinking about Jessi's running start! :) You girls are a riot! :)
ps. My all time favorite picture is of you crying!
You guys have such a great time...no matter what you are doing!!
What a hoot!
Loves and HUGS!
Love Linda
It was so exciting to join in on the fun! Could you tell that I was a little nervous to throw the ball at first...remember how I didn't even make it to the cupboard on my first try!! With the week I had, I needed to let off a little steam! Thanks for the laughs :) I am up for another competition any time! XOXO
Can I work with you guys? I don't think we even have tennis balls.
KR
Post a Comment