April 21, 2008

Quick Weekend!

This weekend was pretty full for me. On Friday after work, I had planned to ride with Jessi. It was freezing outside so I wussed out and opted for the trainer and she was on board. I still can't get into aero position without some shoulder pain, but at least I can ride! Afterward, Jessi treated me to a bike wash! I had some serious dirt caked on there so I really appreciated her help. I was also pretty impressed with her bike cleaning skills. She was taking stuff apart and I had to ask if she was going to be able to put it back together once, but she did and my bike is nice and clean! Thanks for spoiling me lady!

On Saturday, Eric and I spent some time working on our house. Since we are hoping to move toward the end of the summer, we need to get quite a few projects done to increase the value of our current home. We spent a lot of time painting, cutting, and installing quarter round under our floor boards. What a blast - yeah right! It does look really good though and it was nice to spend some uninterrupted time with my hubby. He is so handy! I'm really impressed by all of the things he knows how to do. Growing up with a handy man dad, I sure am lucky I found a handy man husband!

We took a couple of hours out of working to watch our niece, Hannah, play in a soccer game. We have made it our goal to make it to at least one of each of our nieces and nephews games this year. It's a lofty goal since we have 7 of them who are involved in sports right now! Wish us luck!

Hannah is #2 - the one closest to the ball.
Afterward, Delaney wanted to be just like Big Sis. Here she is kicking around her soccer ball. Please notice that she has one of Hannah's old soccer jerseys on under her coat. The red sparkley shoes are the perfect touch, don't you think?
Way to go today, Hannah! Uncle Eric and I were very impressed with your skills out there on the field!
On Sunday morning, I wanted to swim with everything in me. It was killing me to know that I was going to miss the master's swim with the club. However, I can't quite make a full swim stroke motion without pain in my shoulder just yet and I don't want to push it. I was definitely thinking of you guys all morning, though! When I got on the Tri Fusion Gallery to see what I had missed, I found the pic below! Absolutely hysterical!!! Thanks to Jessi and Steve for letting me know I was missed! You guys are hilarious and very sweet. I'm crossing my fingers to be back in the pool toward the end of this week.
I did get an hour run in yesterday and it felt amazing - even though about 20 minutes of it was in the snow! I was so thankful to be able to be out there. Taking so many days off for my shoulder was making me feel like a serious couch potato!

9 comments:

jessithompson said...

We were definitely missing you at the swim this weekend and I'm sure you'll be back to tip top shape by next week. You've been smart to give your shoulder some time to heal... that way it won't be a nagging injury long term.

It was fun to ride with you Friday... I've got this hot red-head I'd like to set you up with, her name is Wendy ;)

XOXO

Tim Swanson said...

Tiff, I was so glad to see the picture of you on your bike! Yipee for healing!! I missed swimming too on Sunday...when will A+ re-unite in the pool???
Keep smiling and healing up!!
Timmers

LORIE said...

okay, not only are the "sad" looks on their faces hilarious but the towels as slings made me laugh out loud at work!! Hope you're in that speedo soon!

Steve said...

We missed you for sure. I am glad that you are healing though, I had shoulder issues and they are not fun. Are you sure your husband is the handy man, you are throwing out words like "quarter round", WHAT!!. Sounds like we have a Mrs. Villa in the club. Can't wait for you to join us at some workouts.

Jen said...

You'll be back in no time! I'm so glad you're taking the time you need to make sure you're totally healed!
Love you!
~J
ps. How funny are Roger and Jessi's faces?!!! Love it!

Michael W. Bergquist said...

I broke out of my intense training shell over the weekend and was catching snow flakes on my tongue while riding. Not quite as tough as you catching hail, but it was pretty entertaining. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

I am THRILLED to hear that you are healing well and getting back into the groove! Yippee! And for the record friend...I TOTALLY missed you at the swim too (even though I am not in the picture!)! You were very missed :) XOXO

Kim said...

I'm wondering how long you can soak this shoulder injury...it sure is making for some fun posts regardless. :-) Wishing you healing and the mindset to get back in the saddle soon...at full speed!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Tiffany!
As Dr. Stahley said to me when my ankle was broken...."Too much, too soon, you'll be sorry down the road!" Taking it a little easy now, and getting the cues from your shoulder, will help you later!

Enough motherly advice...sorry, just couldn't help myself :)

Love and prayers for healing!
Linda