April 27, 2008

Weekend Projects

Now that it's nice outside, Eric has all of these "projects" he is hoping to get done around the house. When Eric was growing up, Sundays were always reserved for work. Literally, the entire day! In high school, I once drove out to his house on a Sunday to hang out. Since we lived on opposite sides of town, the drive usually took about 30 to 35 minutes. When I finally got there, Eric's mom informed me that he was working, so I would have to leave. I'm telling you, when it comes to working, the Byrds are pretty hardcore. Eric hated this in high school, but now, he is becoming his father. I must say, he learned to do so many handy things during his Sunday work days, so I'm certainly not complaining!

So Eric has decided he is going to rebuild our fence. The thing was a total piece of crap before he tore it down. Behind the fence is an alley that hasn't been used forever so it has become completely overgrown. Eric decided that he was going to level out the alley so that we would have access to it. All day project, right? Not when your dad owns a Bobcat! Here are the 2 of them working away today. It took a total of about 20 minutes to level the alley. His dad even brought their huge truck and hauled most of the dirt and debris away for us! How nice is that?
Doesn't our back yard look gorgeous? :) Next week, Eric plans to start working on the fence. Something tells me he's going to want me to help. Wish us luck! I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're really lucky, or smart, to have a husband AND a father-in-law who know how to do so much and are so willing to jump in and do it.

Now the question is, How are YOU going to cleverly get them to do the work while you go do something fun? Hm... "Painting the fence is really fun, see?..." The trick is to make it LOOk like you are doing your part. Maybe after a manicure you could pick up pizza or something.

I love the landscaping that they have done so far. Big projects are always like that. When you are halfway through it looks so awful you wonder what you were thinking when you started it in the first place!

Good for you, Eric! Not JUST another pretty face!

XXOO
Leni

jessithompson said...

I love this about Eric! Work ethic is something that I respect beyond words... God help your kids! LOL! ;)

XOXO Can't wait to see the new fence!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe they had everything leveled and ready to go so fast! I'm SO impressed with how much work the two of you have put into your house! Pretty darn amazing!
XOXO

ps. Loved seeing you yesterday! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany The yard looks just wonderful He He. No really Eric is really a hard worker. Thats great just like Dad. I guess I'm going for a walk with Dad now and I suppose you are riding the new yellow Bike. Love Mom