As I was driving there, my first thought was, "What am I doing? Did I actually set my alarm for 4:40 in the morning?" I like to refer to getting up this early as getting up at "zero o'clock." I was also thinking about this insane workout that Jessi had done at the master's swim. I just knew we were going to do it today. It sounded so freaking hard and I was sure it was going to be my first experience there. Guess what? I was right!
I know Jessi already wrote out the workout on her blog, but just in case you haven't seen it, I'll write it again. Swim 100, do 10 pull ups on the block, swim 100, do 10 "push ups" on the side of the pool, swim 100, do 20 crunches, swim 100, do 10 dips on the side of the pool, swim 100, do 20 crunches. We did this 4 times! Since there were so many people there, I ended up circle swimming with Jessi and Steve Rupe. Thank goodness! I couldn't have been happier to have a bit of a draft for those 100's! It kicked my butt, but it was awesome.
I was already sore yesterday evening. I rode the BLT loop so my shoulders were tired from being in aero position for an hour (both of them have their own injuries and aero position tends to irritate them) on top of being sore from the swim. I had to take breaks eating dinner because lifting my fork to my mouth was a chore! Pathetic! Washing my hair this morning? Not the best feeling! I did have a blast at the swim though and am looking forward to the next one. :)
8 comments:
Way to go!! I can't believe that workout!! It makes me want to try it!! :) I'm so proud of you for waking up at zero to go swim!!
Great riding with you last night!!
XOXO
Damn, A+, I am tired just reading your post. That is very impressive! Didn't you just do a hard race or something?!? I forsee more amazing race results in your near future :)
I can't believe that workout, and UNLIKE Jen, there is no WAY I want to try it! I am so proud of you for giving it your all on your first swim! Way to go! Then on top of that, you still rode the entire BLT! WHAT?? Who are you!?! You know you are hard core when you have to take breaks eating dinner ;) You rock woman and you totally took it to the next level yesterday!
Wow! What a workout!!! That's like a week's worth of swimming and strength training rolled into one excruciating morning. 4:40?! I think getting up that early is illegal in a few states.
Good for you. Yes, "The Totally Awesome" is what they call her.
XOXO
Leni
OK...4:40 am...not too early for me. But at the end of a training you can't lift a fork to your mouth? Yikes!
You guys are hard core!:)
Your posts are a hoot Tiffany!
God Bless!
Love Linda
Great job. I really need to get in there and kick my own butt. You are hard core for doing the most difficult workout first.
Laughing at you trying to feed yourself. Maybe Eric can do the airplane and feed you after your next one:)
Keep up the hard work.
Proud of you, lady! You rocked it!
Hi Tiffany I can't believe you get up at 4:40. You and Jessi looked great and having a good time. Keep up the job. You reaaly do love to swim. Love you alot mom
Post a Comment