Anyway, when I got home yesterday, Eric asked me how my appointment went and he was all excited to go on a run. I didn't want to go. Period. I now equate running with pain. I told Eric I had no motivation and I might as well just turn into an aquathoner (is that a word?). Then Eric started giving me a huge guilt trip..."I can't believe I finally want to run with you and you're saying no...You'll be so happy you did it when we're done...C'mon, you went to the chiro today!" I had no excuses after that. I knew he was right on all counts. I hate it when that happens!
So we went on our run and it actually went really well. Of course Eric's first question once we were finished was, "See? Aren't you happy you went?" As much as I didn't want to give him the satisfaction, I had to say yes. Here we are after our run (yes, Eric is a hard core sweater!).
The good news is, I have no pain today! Sometimes I still have to pinch myself to make sure that this is real and Eric is now motivating me to work out! Things sure have changed...for the better! :)
8 comments:
Absolutely LOVE that Eric is encouraging you to workout! Even better, he is working out with you! Fun stuff!
I'm glad you're feeling better too!!!
THIS IS FAWESOME! I loved the look on your face as you told me this story in person. Eric A+d this fo sho!
Glad you're feeling better, lady!
BVBV
Hi Tiffany It sounds like you had fun with Eric but Just be careful. I would hate to see you hurt yourself. Love you alot Mom
Oh my look at Eric the exercise motivator. I could use some of his motivation on a daily basis. Maybe he could speak to his brother about his new found hobby. Love you guys!
First of all, glad to hear that the running is pain free. I know how much you like to run and throw in a little bit of pain and it is SOOO much better, right?
Second, Eric is fawesome. Seeing him at multiple workouts and even at the pool is too cool. Glad to see you have a new workout buddy any time you need one.
Keep up the hard work and it is going to be a fun season.
Hi Tiffany!
What a super post...ah,the tables have turned! You are BOTH exercising! How truly exciting!
Also, I read your comment on Jessi's post about their race in Canada. She asked you to do a
rain dance and you volunteered to do a "snow dance". Are you kidding?? :)
So, as I saw the snow falling this am, I laughed outloud, looked at the sky and said, "Alright Tiff...enough! :)"
You are such a hoot!
Love Linda
Sometimes at 5:00 in the morning I debate if I should ride or not since my eyelids are "locked up" so to speak. But then people start showing up at my house. So I drag my sorry ass down the stairs and pretend that I like doing this ridiculous sport and try to remind myself of all that bullshit I tell everyone else. And after it's all done, I actually start believing it myself. Weird how it works.
sorry to hear about the SI issue, I feel ya on that it sucks! Good to hear run went well. Great to see Eric getting into the sport, looks like he is have some fun!
Post a Comment