January 27, 2010

Sigh of Relief

Tuesday, January 26th was a big day. Emilie, Jen, and I defended our Master's research papers. In all honesty, I can't believe I survived it! The past month I have ate, drank, and breathed this paper. I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever been so stressed my entire life! I had to work really hard in order to get it done on time to defend with Jen and Em. Thank goodness for my adviser who was willing to work with me to make it happen!

The defense went really well and I wasn't asked any questions I couldn't answer with ease, which was my biggest fear! Afterward, Em and I did a little celebrating. Wine in the middle of the day is never the best way to make the rest of the day productive, but let's be serious, we earned it!


Thank you to my parents who surprised me that night with these beautiful roses. They are so thoughtful!


I cannot even begin to describe the HUGE weight that has been lifted off of my shoulders. All I have left to do is finish up 2 classes this semester and I'll officially have my Masters! My goal has always been to have it finished before I turned 30 and before I had kids. Boo freakin' yah!

7 comments:

Steve said...

CONGRATS!!! Huge accomplishment...even if you had to be a Cougar to get it ;) Nice work A+!!!

Emilie said...

Congratulations! So glad we were in it together AND got to celebrate together!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Tiffany-
A HUGE congratulations! You have worked so long and hard and the pay off is huge! A great accomplishment! Way to go! I remember well how I felt doing my orals and your description brought back lots of memories.

Only two more classes and you'll have a chunk of your life back!! :)
Love Linda

Jen said...

Doesn't it just feel amazing?! I love not having to think about research anymore! :) I had the same goals: finish before 30 and before kids...

well, one out of two isn't bad!

Love you!
ps. Yesterday was a year ago that you guessed I was pregnant! :) What a funny class that was!

jessithompson said...

Yeeeeee-hah! Way to go!!!!! I am so, so, so, so proud of you. What a ton of work! Almost there!

Amy Byrd said...

Right on Tiff! Congrats! Now on to that next goal! Love you dearly!

shelly said...

Good Job Tiff!!! Proud of you. Can't wait for the post of you with your Master's courses complete!