May 26, 2010

Helena-thin'!

A few weeks ago, the Byrd clan headed to Helena, MT for the Carroll College graduation. Eric's parents were receiving the Bormeo Award, which is a service award, from the college. Eric's dad attended Carroll and is a die hard fan. If you are about to graduate high school, you may want to steer clear of him. He'll shamelessly recommend Carrol over and over no matter what you say! ;)

This was my first trip to Helena and I was thrilled that Nick and Carina drove all the way to Spokane from Seattle only to hop in the car with us and drive another 5 hours to Helena. It was a great trip and the first of many road trips for the Sequoia. That car rocks for long drives! Aaaaaah...cling, cling! CINCO DE DINOSAUR!!!

We attended the graduation and watched Eric's parents receive their award and then it was off to a gala in honor of Carrol College's 100th birthday. So. Much. Fun. Have I mentioned how much I love and adore my in laws? How did I ever get so lucky?

Everyone was posing in front of the Carroll crest all night so clearly we had to as well. No prom pictures for this crew, though!
Oops...lost balance!

The real one. Awwwww...so sweet!

Nick and Carina

Stephan and Amy

Nick, Eric, and Alicia

The fam (well, those that were able to make it over)

After the gala, we headed to a college party. Pretty normal, right? Actually, Eric's cousin, Daniel, graduated so we went to celebrate him. I loved going to this party with my sisters-in-law. What a riot!

Oh no you di'in't!

One of my favorite parts of the night: Carina trying to convince this kid that he either needed to go to bed or take a cold shower.

After the party, we headed back to our hotel room and brought Eric's cousin, James, along with us. The rest of the night was seriously hilarious. Unfortunately, our lovely photographer drifted off to dream world and wasn't able to document it. ;)

Such a fun weekend! I loved Helena, but I think that had more to do with the company I was keeping while visiting.

8 comments:

Amy Byrd said...

So fun! Loved the pics & yes, what happened to that photographer? Happy almost end of school lady...summer is almost here!!!

jessithompson said...

You guys are such a friot! I love that you love your in-laws so much.

Jen said...

You are so blessed! Sounds like an amazing trip!!

Roger Thompson said...

Very cool pics. I did not know Helena had places like this.

Who was the guy on the poster? Was that a pic from the 50s?

Nat said...

You and Eric are so adorable in those photos! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip with your in-laws, you lucky girl. Love that you have so much love in your great, big families, so deserving!

Carina said...

Yeah, what DID happen to that photog? Next time hire better paparazzi!

For the record, I'm not team Jacob, just team Twilight. And sometimes a girl just needs a tan teenage werewolf who can't act worth a dime. At least he has a cool hat.

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Tiff-
Such cute pictures of you and Eric! Have a great few last days of school and then hopefully the sun will come out, stay out, and we can get on with summer!

It was so fun to chat with you at Emma's recent swim meet! Also, thanks for your recent comment on my blog!
Love Linda

Anonymous said...

Tiffany you looked like you really had alot of fun. Thats great you have wonderful in-laws. They love you alot and Iam happy they do. Just like us love Eric as a son and love you alot too Mom