September 26, 2013

Our Little Man

Aiden continues to crack us up on a daily basis. I can't believe how incredible his imagination is and all of the new things he is constantly saying and doing. Here are some of the things he says that I don't want to forget:

"You better run!" - This means he's going to chase you for about two seconds before he turns around and you have to chase him and tickle him.

"Sorry! I didn't to mean to! It was an accident!" - He says this even when he clearly DID mean to.

"We have to hide!" - Aiden loves hiding under blankets, and in his bed. Most often we are hiding from a monster, which usually ends up being him!

"What's that?" and after you tell him, "Oh, I love (whatever he was asking about)!"

"I almost forgot somethin'!" - He typically says this when it's time to leave as a way of stalling.

"I have to show you!" - This is followed by him grabbing our hands and pulling us somewhere.

"Don't you, mama?" - Aiden will ask me this out of the blue. I'm not ever sure what he's referring to, but I always reply with, "Yes, I do! Don't you?" and he giggles and says, "Yes!"

"You're wumdum." (You're welcome). - This is quite possibly my favorite phrase that Aiden mispronounces!

"I have the power to read to change the story!" - This is a phrase from Super Why, one of Aiden's favorite shows. He also carries around his tools and refers to them as his "alphabet tools" just like they have on Super Why.

The other day, Aiden randomly counted to six in Spanish! I have Handy Manny to thank for this since he counts his tools every time he takes them somewhere. When I ask Aiden to count things now, he does it in Spanish and I have to ask him to do it in English! So funny!

Aiden absolutely loved swimming in grandma and grandpa's pool this summer. He was completely independent with his water wings on and swam with his mouth open at all times. This resulted in him swallowing half the pool by the time summer was over! More summer fun included running naked through the "finkayers" (sprinklers) and finding worms.


Mowing the lawn with Dada. Aiden was ecstatic when Daddy invited him to do this!

Exploring the tractor in the empty lot next door.

Imagine Aiden's surprise when a dump truck showed up and was filled with dirt right in front of us!


Aiden had a bit of a speed bump with his sleep before Ava was born and started waking up in the middle of the night and asking us to lay down with him. Some nights this happened multiple times. Since I knew I was going to be up half the night with a new baby, this couldn't continue. We basically had to use the "cry it out"method all over again, which just about broke my heart. After 3 nights of Aiden pounding on his door and crying, "Open the door! Dada, Mama, lay down with me!" Aiden was back to sleeping through the night. It was probably the hardest thing we have had to do with him so far. I had a pit in my stomach and tears in my eyes as I sat outside his door listening to him cry and fearing that he was scared to be alone and we were making it worse. Thank goodness it was very brief and we're back to normal now.

When Aiden wears my Kindle case on his head, he suddenly becomes "The Muffin Man!"

Playing dress up with Charley.

I found Aiden sound asleep in this uncomfortable position in his stroller after a walk on day.

 And last, but certainly not least, meet "Adbenture Aiden." With headphones around his waste, which he refers to as his tool belt, a bucket on his head, and Dada's belt around his neck, he's off on adventures. This get up usually includes either the fly swatter or his alligator on a stick in his hand. Priceless!





1 comment:

jessithompson said...

Aiden is one of the coolest kids I've ever known. He has spirit, an incredible imagination, a precious heart, and off-the-charts verbal skills which make him a total riot! I love getting to spend time with him and know this special little muffin. Thanks for sharing him with us! xoxo