March 6, 2008

First Ride Outside!

Ok, I'll admit it, I've been a bit of a wimp about riding outside. Jessi has already tried to talk me into it, but it's been pretty cold!

Today, I had a ride to do and looking outside, I knew it would be a sin to come home and hop on the old trainer. I decided to ride outside and I roped Trish in too! Probably a good idea since our first race is in 3 weeks!

Here we are pre-ride. I know, I'm a total nerd wearing my "fashion" glasses, but I can't find my riding ones...better get on that!

I didn't know until we were getting ready to head out that this was Trish's first time outside with her new bike and clips! She did amazing! Much better than my first time with clips which I still have a HOT chain scar from on my right calf!

We had a great ride and I actually got hot! Thanks for riding with me, Trish! It has been really fun to get to do some workouts with you this year!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for riding with ME Tiff! I am so glad that you roped me in today! It was so beautiful outside and the fresh air was wonderful :) I am so freakin' proud of us for finally getting out there! It was a little scary for me at first, but with your encouragement I made it. I have LOVED working out with you too! You push me girl :) Three weeks and 1 day til race day baby! XOXO

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Tiffany-
I love this post! I am so impressed with all of the training
and hard work you are putting into triathlon! Takes lots of dedication and you are not just talking the talk, you are really walking the walk!!

Thanks too for inspiring me about getting outdoors. Can't wait to feel better so I can take my walks from inside SCC every morning to outside in the sunshine!
Have a great Friday!

Blessings and love- Linda
PS I love your fashion shades!!:)

jessithompson said...

You go girls!!! It's beautiful outside these days and it's easier (I think) to push yourself outside than it is inside. Proud of you!

Anonymous said...

I like your fashion shades too...maybe you start a new trend here???
Anyway-keep up the great work, at this rate you're working out hard enough for the both of us so I think I deserve a little break! ;)
Love ya,
Bubba

Steve said...

It is always awesome to get outside and ride. I really can't wait until it is warm enough and light enough to ride in the mornings and evenings. The shades are a nice touch:). Hopefully we can all meet for more weekend rides. Thanks for all the posts. If it weren't for you and Jessi nobody would be reading my blog:).

Have a great day and I plan to make the sunday swim, you?

Steve

Jen said...

Woo-Hoo! Way to go ladies!! I'm so proud of both of you for getting out there! I must say, you both look amazing! :)

LORIE said...

Tiffany: Isn't this sunshine great?? I have Spring Fever so it has been wonderful to soak it in. Nice work on getting on your bike and being outside. Tri season is upon us.

Kim said...

Tbyrd- love it. Go with the outside vibes babe and just ride the spring fever wave. Oh, and next time call me so I can ride it too!
XOXO

Phaedra Cote said...

Way to go ladies! Summer is around the corner......we'll be shedding the jackets and pants before we know it. Keep up the good work, Tiff. You'll reap the benefits at the races.....

word-
P.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany. You really looked great. Can't wait to see you race in three weeks. You will do wonderful.See you at Sunday dinner and you will love what we are going to have. Have a good day and good job going to the store on Saturday He he!!!!!!!! Love Mom